Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Blanchard Academy

Some of you have seen my schoolroom before so this won’t be interesting to you, but for those of you who haven’t here’s a tour:

school room 002

So I know this is a little crooked, but I still love it.  I just free-hand painted it above our schoolroom door to make it new and special.  From the picture down below my sign doesn’t look centered, but it really is when you step back far enough.  :o)

school room 003 school room 004

The picture on the left is the doorway into the “Blanchard Academy” and the picture on the right is my overflow area. Most of these books are for later, it’s curriculum mainly that I intend to use eventually.

school room 007

This little table here is for Tot School with Laffy Taffy.

Here’s a close-up of his Tot School shelf, less the green and blue baskets, those hold Bubble Gum and Blue-Raspberry’s school books that we are actively using.  And there is not a hamster in that cage-yet!

school room 014

school room 006

This picture is basically the center of the room where I teach Bubble Gum and Blue-Raspberry in the morning and the older three in the afternoon.

school room 012 school room 009

The picture on the left is, obviously, our white board that I use constantly and the calendar that I will be using with the little’s come August.  The fireplace is for when we are in the middle of the Minnesota Arctic Freeze.  :o)  The picture on the right is my printing station.  My laminator is there and the big  three hole punch, lots of paper supplies in the drawers and ink cartridges in the pink basket. 

school room 010

This is MY table, for sewing and scrapbooking.  I share this space with Strawberry Taffy too.

school room 011

This is where the older kids sit and do their work.  Sometimes they like to go sit on the couch in the sun room too—totally fine by me! 

school room 015 school room 016

The picture on the left is the way out of the school room and the picture on the right is another overflow area.  This is in the playroom.  A lot of this stuff I use for Tot School, but I have to keep it up high…you know because I have a 2 year old!

I’ve pretty much turned the whole basement into a schoolroom, but I try to keep the toys in the playroom , to keep things less chaotic. 

Don’t be disheartened by my school room, feeling like you need to have a space like this in order to homeschool.  When I was only teaching three of my children we used to do it right at the kitchen table.  They each had a tote full of their books and pencil boxes, that totally worked for us.  I realize it’s not a normal thing to have such a nice place to keep everything, so please don’t feel bad!  God loves it when we are good stewards of what He has given us; whether it be a big school room or a closet in the dining room or a couple of totes under the counter—all should be used to the Glory of God!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

15 comments:

  1. Very Fun! We have the opportunity to have a "Classroom" as well. I have it as my craft room mostly - they like to pull books and go to the kitchen table. We ended up doing workboxes of sorts for this year, in file folder totes, so they could go back and forth. It is really nice though, especially on that cold winters day, to hunker on down into the classroom and just talk and think and explore and go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing pictures of your school room- It looks great!! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a great peek into your schoolroom. I know it has taken years to build up to this level, with the tables and computers and all those books that you use (or will use) SIX times each! I often wonder where you got that organizing gene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have our own school room as well but the funny thing is, after two years with it, the whole family prefers the living room or the kitchen table!

    Too funny!

    Beautiful room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great room. :) Looks like a fun place to learn.
    God bless!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Everything looks great! Very inviting and cheery! May God bless your school year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice school rooms! I have to admit that I feel envious (despite what you wrote at the end)! You're so blessed to have the space. As a former elementary teacher, being able to decorate my own classroom was something that gave me delight. Now, I do homeschool in our dining room, and our school stuff is scattered through the house wherever I can manage to find space to store it. I do try to be satisfied with what I have, but I still dream of being able to have my own homeschool room someday... hopefully before my kids are out of the elementary level.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice room! I love your sign, what a neat idea. I can imagine how cozy you are in the winter with the fireplace going.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Nice school room...oh, I dream of the day when I have one again....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just loved viewing your classroom. You have created an enviroment that not only fosters learning and creativity, but also fun and hominess. We do not have a room dedicated to school (we have a small charming home that is not really suited to the number of children God has blessed us with and basements are rare in our area), but I would be honored if you would check out how I was able to "house" all our school thingamabobs and doodad quite frugally I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the tour. Yeah...I've seen it before but this time I really got the feel of it. It is very nice and sooooooo organized. Seriously this is a great gift you have. I would not have one clue to organize like this. I would love to be able to organize like you. The Lord is teaching me though...ha ha!!

    Or you just need to come down and do it for me. right? :)

    Chris xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful room! I would love to have something like this as well with the playroom right next to it for the littles and tinies while the rest of us are doing our work. Thanks for sharing your great ideas!

    I'm over from the Crew and I'm following you while I'm here :D

    God's Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your space is dreamy. Great ideas to think about. :) Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!!! I've told you many times but I love how organized you are! What a wonderful learning environment you've created for your children!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I just say Wow? Your classroom is uh-MAY-zing! You are so organized and creative - love your theme and all your names, too. We have a large span of 6, as well. Makes for quite a variety of activities, doesn't it? Blessings to you!

    ~Jenni, TOS Crewbie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!