Friday, July 23, 2010

Celebrating

Since we are all so happy that Mr. Taffy is reemployed we spent a little time celebrating!  The first thing  we did, after the flowers and dancing around, was go out for Chinese Food. 

chinese food 009

chinese food 008

chinese food 007

chinese food 006

Look at how they rigged up the chopsticks for the little ones to use.  My little ones like sweet and sour chicken with the sauce on the side—basically glorified chicken nuggets.  :o)

Then Wednesday we went to the Mall of America, not to shop, but because we “thought” there was going to be a free Christian Concert in the rotunda.  Apparently that information was 4 years old…hmm…so we just walked around and talked about how nice the mall USED to be.  Mr. Taffy and I were there on opening day years ago.  It used to be our favorite place to go on a hot summer day because the middle of the mall was like a park and we could bring our lunches and watch people riding the rides and listen to classical music sitting under the trees without a mosquito in sight.  We would take our little ones (only 3 of them at the time) and let them play in Lego Land, munching on french fries from Johnny Rockets….I’m going to say something really “oldish” here, my how things have changed.

celebration 002

We actually brought donuts.  I know it’s weird, but we stopped for gas and Daddy wanted to get the kids a treat and I said let’s save them for the mall (trying to keep my truck somewhat clean lol). 

celebration 004

The America Girl Place.  We just walked around a drooled. 

celebration 006

See what I mean?  She’s looking at Felicity here. 

celebration 009

Bitty Twins.

celebration 017

This is coming down from the ceiling right in front of the Apple store.  It was so pretty, like diamonds falling from the sky.  The Apple store was pretty fun too, those little ipads are pretty nifty.  :o)

celebration 020

That about sums up the celebrating.  We almost bought tickets for a movie, but decided it was too expensive and too late for such a luxury!

Still, we are pretty much floating around on cloud 9 here!  We are so thankful!  So happy!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to visit Mall of America. Just to look at all the different types of stores that living in a small town we never get to see.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!

    Sounds like a fun excursion. I love window shopping because I get to play with all the stuff I would never buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo!!

    Wow that looks like such an awesome mall. My mall playground is so boring. And they only allow kids under five to play. I don't frequent my mall much.

    So happy for you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your wonderful celebration! I feel like I was there!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!