Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dirty Laundry & Other Stuff

001

Every time I go outside to hang laundry on the line, I think about taking a picture of it. Something about hanging clothes on the line that makes me feel really happy and productive. Maybe it’s seeing all our clean clothes hanging in one spot, maybe it’s getting out into the sunshine several times during the day, maybe I’m just a little weird. :o) I don’t know why, but here’s a picture to share the joy.

002

Hanging clothes on the line is one of the ways I save money to use the air-conditioner too. I think it’s a good trade off.

006

Our herbs are really doing well this year. I know, I’m repeating myself. but look at how the Echinacea is about to bloom! Healthy tea for the winter-can’t wait!

008

Here’s another treat that Blue-Raspberry got from our friends on the 4th of July. It’s a remote control jet! He LOVES it! He had to be banished to the outside, because it’s super noisy!

010

My oldest and my youngest…wrestling on the couch.

017

And last but not least, our guest: Maggie. Our neighbors are in the process of relocating to Arizona for a couple years and this week they are down there getting their living situation figured out. We are watching their kitty for them. She’s a delight for sure! I wasn’t sure if she would keep us awake all night or what, but she slept at the foot of our bed all evening—never once attacking my feet! She’ll be here until Friday.

Welcome to all the new visitors and followers to my blog! Your comments have made me abundantly happy!

Blessings on a beautiful summer day!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

12 comments:

  1. I too hang clothes so that I feel free to use the AC. Love the smell and sunshine to hang clothes on the line. I always enjoy your posts. Thanks.

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Banana and Laffy together....sweet! I agree there's something very peaceful and wonderful about laundry hanging out on the clothesline. I need to put one up! And I can only imagine how much all the Taffy's are enjoying Maggie!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seventy-Four followers? Wow!

    Love that kitty! Kittens are cute, but the mature cats are the nice ones to have around the house. Phil would love a clothesline at our house too, but... not going there!

    We are finally geting some summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cat you're sitting is an exact look-a-like to my childhood cat, Misty, wow! What a beautiful cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am stopping by on the TOS blogwalk. Love your blog! I, too, love hanging out my laundry. The other day I heard church bells down the street as I was hanging up my wet clothes, and I thought..."Ah, serendipity!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I oddly enough like hanging laundry too. ;-) I like your laundry line better though and I LOVE your signs!!! Stopping by as part of the TOS Blog Walk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. While I don't hang up laundry these days, I totally get the feeling of accomplishment and pride when you look at it! Maybe I should start doing it again :)
    Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopped by via The Crew blog walk. I love your site. I'll be back to poke more another time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the picture of your two sons...so adorable! :)

    Stopping by from TOS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by on the blog walk. :) Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad Maggie is not being a nuisance! Especially at night! Thanks for watching her. From the picture she looks like she has made herself at home and a small person is enjoying her too! You are such a blessing Mrs. Taffy!! Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmmm Love the clothe line!

    I agree that there is something pure, lovely, and refreshing about hanging clothes outside. I once did years ago when the kids were little and I had a clothes line. One day...hopefully...I will hang my clothes out to dry. Not much breeze down here lately though. Lots of humidity...sticky...yuck!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!