Friday, July 9, 2010

Holey bread!

001

Okay, so I made bread yesterday-4 big loaves. 2 of them turned out perfect, the other two…not so much. Look what I discovered when I was slicing it.

002

Uh oh! Okay, so the fix? Make “Toad in the Hole” for breakfast! That’s my favorite name for it, but it’s really called “Chicken in a basket.” And the wonderful Pioneer Woman taught this suburbanite how to make them!

003

Cut out the middle-it was yucky anyway.

005

Fry the bread in butter and crack an egg in the middle. Fry and flip! Season as desired!

007

Then serve to hard-working husband! YUM! (He didn’t really appreciate me taking a picture of him at 6:00 in the morning, but you better believe he LOVED his breakfast!)

Now my children don’t really appreciate eggs cooked this way, so I got the bright idea of scrambling the eggs first. They turned out pretty good, the eggs didn’t stay in the hole as nicely, but they all gobbled it up and asked for seconds!

008

Tomorrow (or the next day depending) I’ll show you what I’m going to do with my other loaf of bread. This one, instead of having a hole in the middle, rose so much that I couldn’t get it out of the pan with out cracking it and it had a HUGE air bubble in the top! It’s fascinating!

Off to the zoo!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. "when life gives you lemons..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative and fun breakfast! Have fun at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to your blog through the blog walk and I have to tell you, this is the longest I have stayed at any of the blogs I've visited thus far. I love the colors and overall look of your blog, your family is beautiful, and your posts interesting. I even visited and stayed reading over on your husband's blog!

    Oh, and I really, REALLY want to start making my own bread. That's why I chose this post to leave my comment on!

    So happy to 'meet' you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Can't wait to see what you do with the other loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've saved this post in my Google Reader 'cause it looks yummy and I want to try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!