Monday, July 12, 2010

A little 1 on 2 time

Today my older 4 children are spending the day at an amusement park with their Dad. This is such a blessing for a couple reasons. First off, Banana Taffy paid the way for them all to go—with his first pay check from the pizza place. He couldn’t be talked out of it! He’d give all of his money and possessions away if he could, he is not attached to stuff! Since Mr. Taffy has this week off (more on that later) it ended up being a perfect time for them all to go! And, I get to spend the day with my two littlest people. They only have 1 Momma today, not 5. If you have a big family, you know what I’m talking about! lol So I packed up my little peeps and we headed to the Children’s Museum.

This first room we visited was all about balance.

children's museum 011 children's museum 014

children's museum 019 children's museum 009

children's museum 016

children's museum 017

Then we spent the majority of our time in their favorite room. They played in the restaurant and the grocery store mostly.

children's museum 023 children's museum 026

children's museum 029

children's museum 031 children's museum 033

children's museum 027

And of course we had to visit the craft room. They had a lot of fun in there until Laffy Taffy fell backwards off his stool and cracked his head on the floor. I’m sorry but the workers in that room were so unhelpful! I finally just had to send one of them out to get somebody who could actually help by getting me an ice pack. Duh…why not send the mom with the crying baby out for help. Sorry. It was a little annoying and very unhelpful! But when I did get that cold pack on his head, the swelling went down and he was asking for lunch. He has a good size knot on the back of his head, but he’s acting totally normal!

children's museum 047 children's museum 049

Since we were in St. Paul I had to visit our favorite thrift store over there. Today everything is 25% off, I never get over there on a Monday, so that was a real treat for me! I’ll share what I got in my Garage Sale Treasures post this week!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

7 comments:

  1. I have always loved it when momma spends time with the little ones! I remember when I was little loving the time with just momma. (And I still do. :)
    Looks like a sweet and memory building day. :)
    God bless,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you and the little Taffys had such a great time. It has been awhile since we went to the Childrens museum. How rude of the "Workers" aka "Slakers" :D Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun you guys must of had!
    Sorry about Laffy taffies head. Poor little guy. Glad you went shopping at the thrift store! Now That's my kinda thing! Love you!

    Miracle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Laffy is ok. That looks like a great day otherwise! Can't wait to hear about the fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is so sweet! It looks like they had so much fun!
    I hope you don't mind me peeking through your blog a bit... I'm excited to read more of your family. I love how you seek to honor God!
    Blessings,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...you're getting more and more followers everyday. How exciting!!

    I know how it feels to only have a few kids in tow. Boy, it makes life so simple. I think....wow and I thought having two kids was a challenge back in the day. ha ha..
    That is so awesome your son took everyone out to the amusement park.

    So glad you had a great time at the museum with the littles. I would have been so upset with those folks not helping out. Especially the workers there. oh well...some can be quite insensitive or they are out in la la land somewhere...

    Gotta run...have a great day

    xoxoxo,
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome Jessica! So glad you found me too! Thank you for your kind words!

    with love,
    Mrs. Taffy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!