Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAYtdbsmall

Outside my window...  It's storming!  Raining hard, thunder and lightening, watching the temperature drop from the sweltering 94 down to 75 in a manner of minutes.

I am thinking… About a little unexpected something…

I am thankful for...So many things:  Not moving, air-conditioning, my home, my family, my hard-working husband, the blessings of God, for veggies from the Farmer’s Market.

From the learning rooms...Counting down the days until we start school back up, I think we are at six!

From the kitchen...Today I made bread, packaged up chicken breasts for the freezer, ground and froze whole wheat flour, made a huge bowl of salad for me to munch on at my leisure, juiced and made fried rice with steams beets for dinner-YUM!

I am wearing...My pajama bottoms and the shirt I’ve been wearing all day.

I am creating... Not telling…

I am going... To bed soon, but tomorrow I’ll be taking Strawberry to Praise Camp and Banana to the dentist.

I am reading...Nothing.  Other than my Bible, I haven’t had time to read anything else lately.

I am hoping...that my garden survives this storm.

I am hearing...Thunder, Rain and Chocolate crunching on Tortilla chips.

Around the house...All is quiet, except the crunching from my son.  Mr. Taffy and Banana should be home shortly.  Everyone else is in bed.

One of my favorite things...A full productive day and the ability to sit down, guilt-free, at the end of it!

A few plans for the rest of the week:  Strawberry’s performance on Friday, Garage Sales on Thursday, Mr. Taffy starting his new job sometime this week.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing:

bread and veggies 013

Isn’t food beautiful?

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Stopped by from The Simple Woman's Daybook. Enjoyed looking around your blog...love the taffy pull, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog - beautiful fruit, mysterious thoughts...hmmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very productive. That's why I admire you soo much! :) I had a dream I visited again... I have those once in awhile. You were in some apartment/hotel type building overlooking a beautiful ocean...hmmmm does this mean you will be vacationing some time in Florida and this is just a prophetic dream??

    That would be nice!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chris! I hope it was a prophetic dream! I would love to meet you in real life, go out for coffee, walk on the beach and talk, talk, talk!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!