Monday, July 19, 2010

Summertime Photo Shoot

If you’ve been following my blog for a while you know how much I like taking pictures. I’m a very visual person so I like to capture the visions of my world around me. A few years back I started taking portraits of my children, myself, instead of going to JC Penny’s like I always had—we just couldn’t afford it any more and the customer service there was driving me up the wall. I don’t claim to be a photographer, amateur or otherwise, I just love taking pictures of the people and places and things that I love.

So, as I was looking at the pages on my blog the other day, I noticed how outdated the pictures were on my Meet the Taffy’s Page. Oh goodie, a good excuse to take some more pictures! So I warned the kid’s over the weekend that we would be getting dressed up and getting pictures taken on Monday morning. Honestly, I have taken so many pictures of my children over their lifetimes that they don’t even complain or blink at the sight of my camera! I just wanted to give them a little warning because I basically had to pick out their clothes and I wanted them mentally prepared! :o)

Here’s a few of my favorite shots:

Summer Photo Shoot 042

Summer Photo Shoot 049

Summer Photo Shoot 029

Summer Photo Shoot 084

Summer Photo Shoot 086

Summer Photo Shoot 063

Summer Photo Shoot 047

Some of them aren’t as clear as I had hoped, wondering if maybe I had a smudge on my lens… If you look on my Meet the Taffy’s page you’ll see the pictures that will soon grace the walls in our dining room—their “official” school pictures for the 2010/2011 school year.

Thanks for stopping by!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful group of grandchildren I have! Give everyone a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to say hello from the TOS crew. What a beautiful family the Lord has given you! Hope you have a great year reviewing and trying many new things with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I really like the background of the stairs. I found out on my last photo shoot(Ha, ha) that if I let the children help choose where to have their pics taken they are much happier to work with me. They came up with some fun ideas too. Now, I need to go take some new pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Photos! I think you've done VERY well! They remind me of high school year book pictures done by professionals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pix! :) I especially like the one of Bubble gum taffy. :) I love to take pictures also. You are quit good at it. :) We have taken our own family pictures for years...it's always much more amusing LOL!
    Christ be with you!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos! And I think I recognize that tank...Isaac tried to climb on it the last time we were there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks ladies!

    Brooke- you probably do recognize that tank! It's VERY close to my house and yours! :o) I didn't even know it was there until we got there! The boys were very excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have beautiful children and you do a great job at taking their photos! What camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tirzah! Thank you! My camera is a Nikon D5000, it's fancy! Mike bought it for me for our 17 year anniversary. I love it. It's my new best friend. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow oh wow...those are very professional looking. Great job!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!