Saturday, July 3, 2010

Super-Size Post

Since I haven't been blogging much, I thought I'd do a super big post! I hope you don't mind!

Here a few pictures of the men finishing up their wood work. This was Father's Day weekend. They got it all done! And we got to go out to dinner to celebrate! It's so nice to have that side of the yard tidy. It was so crowded over there, it's nice and roomy now.
They worked so hard!

Laffy Taffy being cute. :o)
I was so happy to find corn at the Super Target for .10 an ear! During the winter Mr. Taffy and I had a long discussion about whether or not to plant corn in our garden. I said no, he said yes. If you've been following my garden saga, you know who won. :o) One of the points I made was that we could buy corn at Target for .10 last year...hoping that we would see that again. Mr. Taffy didn't think it could possibly happen. So, since it did happen, I was so happy to be able to buy it for him. He's the corn-lover of the family! We had it for dinner last night, and we'll have some more on Saturday. What a blessing! And you know what, it was delicious too! Sweet and crunchy, just the way we like it!


Our lovely Chamomile.
Garden Update:
Everything is doing really well, except the watermelon (the first box there). But the 3 or 4 that are growing, are trying really hard!
Peppers.
Apple.
I see RED! Yay! I'll have some fresh tomatoes soon!
Look how huge these plants are! I didn't know they would get that big? They must really like the soil. I wonder if I'm supposed to be pinching them off?
Raspberries. Oh YUM! I did eat that one after I took a picture of it!
This is either Acorn or Butternut Squash. I can't wait for the squash. We LOVE squash here!
There's Bubble Gum picking some currants. At this point she's the only child who likes them. They taste like cranberries I think. See how close she is to the hives? They could have cared less that we were down there! The bees are busy and happy!
These are the peas I started from seed, outside. My transplants don't look this nice, but they are giving us peas already. And they taste amazing!
Peas and currants.
Being in the garden, taking pictures and tasting, with Bubble Gum sure made her happy! She's been running around the house talking about it and thanking me. I mean, literally running, around and around and around. Maybe she's having a reaction to the currants! She even started cleaning--wiping down the counters and the chairs and volunteering to do more chores. She's so funny! I'm glad I could make her happy today! With her wiping and Laffy's vacuuming, my house is looking pretty good!
On a more serious note, Mr. Taffy's job with the bank comes to an end on the 9th. They really love him, but haven't been able to find a place to put him. Yet. We are hoping that as the next 2 weeks go by, something perfect opens up. We know the Lord has a plan. We aren't exactly worried, it's more just like having to take a deep breath and wait on the Lord again. He does have an interview at Home Depot next week, that would be better than nothing. And there's another temp agency that has some jobs that look promising. In the mean time we are looking forward to him having a day or two off in between jobs, so we can take the kids to the water park (free tickets from the library) and to the free zoo, together.
We are scheduled to start school on August 2nd. I got two months worth of planning done! More about that later! It feels good to have the task checked off my list!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

8 comments:

  1. That was nice to get some news from you again! I know you're a lot busier in the summer - your garden is fantastic! Little Laffy is growing so much! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very nice pictures... Hi, I'm visiting from the TOS Crew and would like you to know that your blog is included in this week's Blog Walk.

    Have a great week!

    Michelle
    www.beyondsilverandgold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! Thanks for the heads up! I figured it was coming soon, since my real name starts with a C! :o) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a beautiful family and a beautiful garden! I bet you can't wait til everything is ripe and ready to eat. Hope you are enjoying your summer! Visiting via the blogwalk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place to visit. Love the gardens. Sure wish mine were producing "something" by now. Oh wait...I do have currants as well. Can't wait to make currant jelly..my favorite.

    Beautiful family.

    God's Blessings
    Vickie - visiting from TOS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden looks great! Our chamomile isn't blooming yet. I can't wait until it does. Our watermelon isn't doing that well, either, but it is trying! I hope we get some. And you reminded me...I need to go out and check on my tomatoes! I can't wait until I have more to eat than I know what to do with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful family! Beautiful garden! You guys have done such a good job and I'm sure you're loving reaping the harvest from all your hard work. Honestly, I would love to live close to you! There is so much I feel I can learn from you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!