Friday, July 9, 2010

Zoo Time

Today was a great day! I decided to pack up everybody and head to the Como zoo. It’s free and I love it because I remember going their as a child! It was hot, but not humid. It was crowded, but we got there early to get a good parking spot.Como Zoo 013

This is the park we walked around before the zoo opened. That’s a conservatory up there-it’s gorgeous inside but we didn’t go in there today.

Como Zoo 007

Como Zoo 012

The light wasn’t very good for this picture, but I still think it’s pretty cool. Blue-Raspberry would have been happy climbing all the way to the top!

Como Zoo 023

Como Zoo 026

Here we are sitting in the outside butterfly garden. There were butterflies and bees and dragonflies everywhere!

Como Zoo 030 Como Zoo 033

Now we are in the zoo. They are looking at one of the polar bears taking a swim.

Como Zoo 048

This is the other polar bear—enjoying a breakfast of yams?

Como Zoo 050

Como Zoo 072Como Zoo 061

Waving to the monkeys…

Como Zoo 078

Yeah, he was really verbal today! Blue-Raspberry is convinced that Banana Taffy can talk to the animals…he was very curious to know what in the world this orangutan was saying!

Como Zoo 075

This is the indoor butterfly garden. I didn’t think we would be able to go in there, but it was FREE too! I was so happy because butterfly garden’s are wonderful!

Como Zoo 100

Como Zoo 091 Como Zoo 097

Hoping one will land on his little hand.

Como Zoo 085

Since everything else was free, I decided to treat the kids to a ride on the antique carousel. VERY FUN!

Como Zoo 104

Como Zoo 118

It was a perfect day…until I pulled out of my parking spot to discover I had a flat tire. UGH! Our insurance covers roadside help, so we called for some help!

Como Zoo 119

And help he did! It was so embarrassing though, we totally plugged up the parking lot and made a lot of people mad! Better the parking lot than the freeway or an intersection I say!Como Zoo 120

So the kids just had their lunch on the grass under and tree. When all was said and done, we went to McDonald’s for dollar sundae’s. It was a great day!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

7 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of FUN!!!

    That sundae sounds so yummy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flat tire and all, looks like you had a wonderful time :)

    And I am all for those Mickey D dollar sundaes. There are many a days that I sneak off and eat one in the van. Yep, all by my lonesome self.. ha ha!

    xoxo
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog walking from TOS:) What a fun time at the Zoo! I am enjoying reading your blog so much--you have a beautiful family and great outlook on things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful zoo! Looks like a fun day. :) On our last family vacation we had three tires blow out on our camper...fun stuff! :D
    God bless,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just totally made my day!!!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!! You are becoming quite the photographer too....good job! And I especially like seeing you in so many of the pics! Sorry about the flat tire. But it sounds like you handled it with grace and ease. Which is NOT an easy thing to do! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura~I took like a 144 pictures or something! It was hard to choose which ones to put on my blog! lol It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!