Monday, August 2, 2010

Back to School

The 2010/2011 School year has officially begun for us!
I've finished with my little people for the day (10:30-we started about 8). We did Tot School, Kindergarten and 2nd grade! They did surprisingly well. I can see my biggest challenge is going to be to teach the little people how to play quietly while they are waiting for me. Throwing toys is TOO LOUD! :o) I'll blog about our schedule after we've been at it a few days, but it seems the schedule I made ahead of time is working all right!
I put a roast in the crock pot for dinner (thanks Christina), so I should be able to take a little rest this afternoon, hopefully!
Joyfully,
Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back to school! Hapy schooling! We are right behind you and will be schooling next month...I'm excited!

    We have some new books (Apologia) that I know everyone is going to love.

    Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting! I know my biggest struggle is also going to be how to keep the other ones occupied (and I only have 2 to teach and one toddler)! Can't wait to hear more about your school days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so "on top" of things! You're an inspiration! I'm trying to get prepared mentally to start in a couple weeks. However, don't you mean 2010/2011 school year?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! Thanks Tirzah! I'm always doing stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Love getting back to school!
    We just got back to school Monday and I am loving it! Schedules are wonderful things! :)
    Keeping the house quiet during school hours is always...fun. :)
    Blessings!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....looks lovely!! Everyone looks so good :)

    Thanks for the encouragement you left me. Things with finances are a bit shaky once again and I'm not sure what will come about it all. Thus day by day living. Sometimes focusing on the future gets me a bit stressed. I am hoping to start back up next week with some basics. Really...just needing to get the kids thinking of responsibility again.. We've all been sleeping in and staying up late all summer soooo....we need to get back to business over here. ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!