Sunday, August 1, 2010

Before and After

Do you give your children haircuts?  I started cutting my family’s hair as soon as their hair was long enough to cut!  I think I’ve even been cutting my husband’s hair since we got married, so I’ve been doing this for 17 years!  Yikes!  I don’t necessarily enjoy it, but see it as another way I can contribute to the family budget and be a blessing to my family.  I do this about every 6 weeks or so—to the boys.  The girls are just every once in a while. 

hair cuts 003

My makeshift “salon-chair.” 

Before:

hair cuts 005

After:

hair cuts 006

Before:

hair cuts 007

After:

hair cuts 008

Before:

hair cuts 009

After:

hair cuts 010

Before:

hair cuts 011

After:

hair cuts 012

Aren’t they good sports to let me do this?  I started these hair cuts right after breakfast so I could get all hairy and then take a shower!  I gave Mr. Taffy a trim too!

Another $50.00 saved!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

7 comments:

  1. They all look great! You are really good at it and love the savings :-)

    Blessings this SONday!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet if you added up the savings over 17 years you would have saved enough for a trip to Hawaii!

    Nice job! Walker wants you to cut his hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to do the haircuts but my older boys have taken over. They do buzz cuts. I do trims for the girls and my hubby trims my hair. It does save a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband won't let me touch his hair. He's picky. He'd rather do it himself...he does a good job on his own hair though.

    He is the one who cuts the boys hair even though I, at times, do it also. :) I cut the girls though. They won't trust daddy with their hair. ha ha.

    Nice cuts btw...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The boys look as handsome as ever. Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing...I have been cutting hair for two years and well have never really mastered it...my husband went to "Wally-World" (Walmart) last week and then he graciously cut the boys hair for me...smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look very handsome, GREAT job! We too do hair cuts, mine are not perfect but it works. Ya know, it's so encouraging to have found someone who does some of the same things I do! YAY for saving money. Keep up the good work!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!