Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Simple Woman’s Daybook 8-11-10

tdbsmall

 

FOR TODAY


Outside my window...Acorns are starting to fall from the trees.  It’s roasting outside but I’m looking forward to fall and it’s glorious coolness!
I am thinking...how it’s almost my 38th birthday and how weird that seems.
I am thankful for...The boxes of peaches and blueberries in my kitchen.  And for not falling asleep on the drive home from getting those blueberries and peaches! 
From the learning rooms...Our second week of school is going great!  Bubble Gum Taffy is learning how to read and is having a much easier time of it than when I tried to teach her before.
From the kitchen...We just got done with a really yummy dinner.  I made a broccoli chicken casserole with brown rice and brussel sprouts.  I made  “melt-in-your-mouth” blueberry bars for dessert.  I’m stuffed!
I am wearing...black.  Boring I know, but I’m feeling fluffy and it’s helping me not feel so fluffy.  :o)
I am creating...Nothing at the moment but tomorrow I would like to make bread and blueberry jam.
I am going...Nowhere in particular, though I spent 4 hours in the car today driving to and from Wisconsin.
I am reading...A SAT Vocabulary Book—review coming soon!
I am hoping...To go to bed early, all that driving really wore me out!
I am hearing...The dishwasher, ceiling fan & air-conditioner.  Also the sounds of Blue-Raspberry and Laffy Taffy wrestling in the family room.  (happy sounds!)
Around the house...Dinner is all cleaned up but there are bags of bulk food around that are waiting for me to put them away.  I can see a whirlwind of dust sparkles from the sun shining through the side-light.
One of my favorite things...To buy boxes of produce because my husband now has a job and we can afford it! 
A few plans for the rest of the week: Baking, canning, garage sale on Saturday if the weather cooperates and preparing for Fellowship.
Here is picture for thought I am sharing: 
He’s so silly!

Como Zoo 063

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Nice! and that silly boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list. SOunds so nice. I know what you mean about feeling "fluffy" especially after having a gooooood meal :) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.. love the "fluffy" comment... boy do I know that feeling. I like these posts... think I'll start doing the like.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!