Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tot School-Week 1

Tot-School

Wonderful back-to-Tot School for Laffy and I! This is only a sampling of all that we did! He was hungry to learn and a cheerful student!

003 (2)

These were a little tricky for him at first, but once he got the hang of it there was no stopping him!

005 (2)

They are made by Discovery Toys and I bought them for nothing at a garage sale.

007 (2)008 (2)

He thinks cutting is so fun! He has two pair of scissors, tradition unsharp child safety scissors and this cool pair of beginner scissors that he had to squeeze to make cut.

003

We always do LOTS of puzzles.

008 012

The first picture is that fun little game where he puts his hand in a bag to try and find the shape that he is looking for. So I would say, “find the triangle” and he would stick his hand in the bag to feel for the triangle. He was correct 80% of the time. Last year he didn’t even understand the concept!

First Day of School 006 First Day of School 010

Sorting pom-pom’s with his fingers and with a tiny pair of tongs. He thought his fingers were faster, but he liked to squish the pom-poms with the tongs as well.

003

001

And we can’t forget “recess!” He would play outside all day if I let him!

019

I’m so glad we are doing Tot School again and so is Laffy Taffy!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

12 comments:

  1. Your school is the most fun! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww he is so cute! Love seeing your day in pictures. Gives me plenty of ideas...for sure!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laffy is adorable! :) He's in a super fun time of learning...I know that both of you will look back and treasure the times you have together teaching and learning!
    So sweet. :)
    Christ be with you always!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great first week back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Loved all you did together. I just started our own tot school adventures with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're starting back on the 23rd and I can't wait. I've been wanting to get that bag that you find shapes in for a while. I've never seen anyone else that had it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so proud in the picture with the wedgits. Fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get the little tongs? I've been looking and haven't been able to find them anywhere. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ambra~I found those tongs at our outlet mall, one of those over-priced kitchen stores. I went in looking for a tea kettle and came out with a plastic lettuce knife and those little tongs. I think they were 1.99 or 2.99. I had been looking for a pair too so I was so pleased to find them! I hope you can find some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've really enjoyed reading this! What a sweet boy you have.. he is so cute! What fun activities!
    I also liked reading about your homeschool schedule! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was our first week back too! I'm impressed with his tricycle riding skills. My son still doesn't put his feet on the pedals.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to have to check out the Discovery Toys for those linking puzzle things! I think my daughter would love them! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!