Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tot School Week 2

Tot-School

Laffy Taffy is 32 Months Old

003

We had another fun week here! This child is amazing to me! He literally makes me sit and do Tot School with him in the morning! He’s thriving on the attention and teaching! In the top picture he was sorting his lacing beads, both by color and shape.

After the sorting, he wanted to lace and count. This activity was totally Laffy-directed. I just sat and took pictures of him! lol

005 007

Four days this week he wanted to play with his “skishy things” first!

014

Biggest to Littlest File-Folder-Game

015

Front and Back File-Folder-Game & Lauri Shape Puzzle

017 018

See his lips? He’s actually counting those pegs! He really had fun with this.

022 023

We didn’t do Tot-School on Wednesday because we drove to Wisconsin to pick up our fruit! We brought lots of educational movies to watch in the car, like Curious George and Veggie Tales! Hahaha!

019While I was at Weaver’s I bought Laffy the first book in this set published by Rod & Staff. It was only $2.00 and I figured even if he wasn’t ready for it, I would use it with him eventually. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but he loved it! He thinks it’s a dot to dot book, because basically he’s connecting dots. He can do about 2 pages before he wiggles himself out of the chair and starts doing self-inflicted jumping jacks. Clearly he has older brothers who he’s seen do the same thing!

025 027

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Click on the Tot School Button to see how other people engage their tots!

11 comments:

  1. Look at that little rascal! He is going to have an insatiable love for learning forever! (love the "self-inflicted jumping jacks" !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great job! I am starting 'tot school' with my youngest one of these days and I will you some of your ideas if that's ok. She is also always excited about 'lessons' (which is what we call it), but I haven't yet tried to take pictures of her doing it - will definitely do that soon. thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Alina! By all means use my ideas! I'm not as creative as many of the moms who do Tot School! So be sure to check out the other links at the Tot School site as well! The little ones really do love that special Mom-Tot time! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those counting pegs! Doesn't it just bring joy to your heart when they love spending time with you? Looks like you all had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laffy always seems to have a smile on his face and to have such a joyful regard for learning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a cutie! That's awesome that he's coming up with his own ideas when playing with his tot toys. I love that he got up and started doing jumping jacks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ideas!! :)

    I think I am really going to get into this tot school stuff. I just need to accumulate more fun little play things like you have for Laffy. I love the peg counting thingy...I want one. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fun! I am just here still working on past weeks of the TOS blog walk.....I know, very sad, I am a week bit behind LOL! I am a new follower of your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My friend has Rod and Staff and loves it! I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's my first time on your blog, you've got a beautiful family. I saw you're schedule i'm amaze of how much you can acomplish. I love the file folder game where did you get it? Congratulations for your work this little boy is having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Patricia and thank you! On my side bar there is a button that will take you to the File Folder Games website. After you register you can find these games and more--for free! I just made him 3 new ones for this week and he loves them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!