Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tot School- Week 3

Tot-School

Such a fun week we had! I spent some time the weekend before printing out and putting together some file-folder games for Laffy Taffy. This first one is a color/pattern matching game. The yarn is supposed to be the frog's tongues…He loved it!

001 003

The second one is another color matching game with a leaf theme! I am so longing for fall and I think that is why I chose this game!

010

And the last one is a Noah’s Arc animal matching game. He had to match the males with the females. We had fun discussing the different animals and the sounds they made.

008

Counting Pegs. He loves to count!

004 (2)

I started out with simple shapes for him to find by feeling around in the bag. He would tell me what shape he was looking for. He knows all his shapes!

005 (2)

Then with the more difficult tiles, I just let him match the blocks with tiles.

009 (2)

We always do puzzles!

012

Laffy got to go bowling this week too! Boy did he enjoy that! He played 2 full games and carried that 6 pound ball each time it was his turn!

bowling 016 bowling 033

And lastly, he had fun building with his big blocks.

003 004

006

Another great week! So happy to have this little Tot—he is a joy to his whole family!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Click on the Tot School button to see more Tot School posts!

8 comments:

  1. Your Tot School posts always make me wish I had a toddler! What fun!! I didn't know file folder games even existed when mine were that age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the all the matching activities you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frog file game. I might have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love It...I am ordering the pegs now but have had a hard time finding the tile matching set...any help would be appreciated! I've googles...matching tiles etc.., but have not found it...did you make it?

    Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the leaf matching! Going to add that to my list of ideas for fall tot school play! Found you through Tot School, and I am so glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeper...Here's the link: http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Feel+and+Find/001573/1282683636-1467499

    I bought it from rainbow resource years ago!

    It's such a fun game!

    Amber...Welcome!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you use the frog "tongue" to make the match in that game. I can see that making a bellyful of giggles =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!