Friday, August 20, 2010

A week in review

I’m just doing an all purpose update post since I haven’t posted much on a personal level this week.  I’ve been a little busier than normal and a little less energetic than normal too!  Here’s what we’ve been up too:

My dad was here for a short visit at the beginning of the week.  That’s always such a treat for us.  He sure loves his grandkids and his grandkids return the affection 100 fold!  So Monday night we went bowling.  Games were only $1 and so was shoe rental.  We got out of there with 9 people playing multiple games for $25.00.  It was so fun!

bowling 003 bowling 006 bowling 016 bowling 018 bowling 028

Another busy thing that has been going on this week is swimming lessons for Bubble Gum and Blue Raspberry.  Ever since we moved back here from WA, Blue Raspberry has been asking for and praying for swimming lessons.  We were finally able to make it happen for him!

002

They are taking lessons at the YMCA through their swim academy, so it’s a little more intense teaching—5 days in a row for 1 an hour each lesson.  Bubble Gum started out in a different class, but they bumped her up to Blue Raspberry’s class right away.  Blue-Raspberry has graduated to Guppy, but Bubble Gum has to take Polliwog over again.  They swim the length of the pool at least 4 times each class!  I can barely do that!  They are so TIRED when it’s over!

Our third week of homeschool is going well!  My older three are having some nice reality checks about what it means to study and prepare for a test.  For the most part they are doing very well, but they have had to increase their concentration a little bit.  The honey-moon’s over so to speak! 

Tomorrow is my 38th birthday.  Interesting.  Not sure what we are doing, but the day is still creating some anticipation which is so fun!

Okay, I think that’s about it for my update!  My coffee is calling to me!  Have a happy Friday!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. It sure looks like you had a fun week. I am sure that Blueraspberry was very excited. When we were over at your house he told me only a couple billion times "I get to do swim lessons!" My, I think it would be very hard for Laffy Taffy to bowl. You'd think when he tried to roll the bowling ball he would end up with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday, and Happy Birthday Eve. Watch for a USPS package from me today! I remember the day you were born like it was yesterday! THE most exciting day of my life! Really!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week! $1 bowling is the best. Have a Happy Birthday and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fantastic week! May your birthday be just as fun and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HappY....HAPPY....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear bloggy friend. Enjoy every part of your day tomorrow. Recline, chill, go out and have a beautiful day! :)

    Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!