Friday, September 10, 2010

Labor Day Deals!

new_garage_sale_left_plt%20(Small)

My good friend alerted me to the fact that many thrift stores mark everything 50% off on Labor Day. Since I didn’t have anything better to do, I decided to check it out. Well, the first place I went too was WAY TOO CROWDED! It was amazing how many people were there, cars were lined up down the side streets for parking and the parking lot was full of illegally parked cars. Which is where me, my big suburban and four of my children got stuck! Mr. Taffy is WAY better at getting out of those situations than I am. So what did I do? I jumped the curb. Two actually, one in the parking lot and another dividing the thrift store from the next store over…I was outta there! So thankful for my SUV which barely even burped at the activity. I decided to see if Goodwill had the same sort of sale going on. In my own town, with BIG parking lots because everybody drives a BIG car! Sure enough they had a very similar sale going on and this is what I found:

I have a chicken collection and these two little beauties will fit in nicely. They are very heavy so they will hold up the cookbooks on my corner cabinet perfectly. That little pumpkin is a picture/recipe holder. The chickens were $1.50 each and the pumpkin was .50.

013

Shoes! Land’s End shoes for Blue-Raspberry ($2.00) and Hanna Anderson Clogs ($2.00). They are too small for Bubble Gum, though she is the one who found them and fell in love with them. I decided to buy them anyway, to save or sell. Either way, the clogs have never been worn!

014

Fall clothes for Strawberry. Each piece was $2.49.

015

Curious George night shirt for Strawberry, she liked this because Laffy Taffy loves Curious George! ($2.00) And a couple little pink things for Saltwater Taffy, just in case she’s of the pink variety! ($1.50 each)

016 017

My homeschooler. She found this outfit and LOVED it. It’s so homeschooly don’t you think? Total outfit ($6.00)

019

Did you get out to the Labor Day Sales this week? What’d you find? I would love to see!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy


1 comment:

  1. on craigslist I found two amazing green and white chairs that sell at lowes for $65 a piece, I was able to grab them up for $30 for the pair :) it was great to finally have a place to sit and feed the baby while watching the other 3 play

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!