Friday, September 17, 2010

Vocabulary Cartoons-Review

HSCrew140x180 I’m so excited to share this with you!  I LOVE vocabulary!  I may not use fancy words when I write or when I speak, but I can sure appreciate a well chosen word that sums up a situation precisely and accurately!  In an age where words are shortened and the vernacular is used in professional settings I think vocabulary is a lost art form.  This book will expose your students to good words.

Vocabulary_Cartoons_SAT_Power__59537_zoom “Students learn hundreds of SAT level words faster and easier with powerful rhyming and visual mnemonics. In independent school tests, students with Vocabulary Cartoons learned 72% more words than students with traditional rote memory study materials and had 90% retention. Contains 290 SAT words with 29 review quizzes consisting of matching and fill-in-the-blank problems.”

And while I think it’s exciting to be able to study for the SAT I really love this book just for the sheer greatness of it’s ability to teach vocabulary in a memorable way!

vocabulary_cartoon_demo

Hand’s down, each of my older children picked this book up of their own choosing and sat down to read it!  What child doesn’t LOVE cartoons and comics?! 

This book retails for $12.95.  You can find it on the Vocabulary Cartoon website.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclaimer: I received this product for free for the purposes of this review. All opinions expressed here are my own and I received no other compensation

1 comment:

  1. If your child plans to go to college, a high score on the SAT is a must! We believed our white middle class son would not have a chance at a scholarship, but his SAT scores won him two offers of 1/2 tuition for 4 full years! Something like this would pay for itself many times over!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!