Monday, October 18, 2010

GuideCraft Rainbow Blocks-Review



Oh these were so fun! Laffy Taffy played with these Rainbow Blocks for an hour and 45 minutes the first time he got his hands on them!



Laffy Taffy had so much fun looking around the room, through the wooden blocks, to see how the colors would change.

Microscope?



Then I added his cars and a few more blocks that we already had, just to see what he would do. He had so much fun! Even big brother joined in on the fun!





Blocks are so wonderful. So classic. So open-ended.


The texture of the wooden blocks was a little rougher than I expected, but as I thought about it, I realized, it actually helps the blocks stay together better when stacked, a little friction. I don’t mean to imply that they are rough with slivers…just not silky smooth like some blocks I’ve seen (or felt).

Anyway you look at it, these wooden blocks are wonderful learning tool and a timeless toy that encourages creativity, problem solving and endless fun! Rainbow Blocks in particular add a new dimension to play. To buy your own set head over to Guidecraft and check them out! Or to win a set of your own, visit Confessions of a Homeschooler.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclosure-This product was given to me for review purposes, and I do not have to return the product to the vendor. I was not paid for this post. All opinions expressed in this post are mine.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for letting us know about the give a way. I just entered!! What a cool toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to give gifts that encourage parents or siblings to join in and play with the little ones - this looks perfect! I would get down on the floor with Laffy and build with these!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!