Monday, October 11, 2010

The MN Zoo

So, just to warn you, there are an excessive amount of pictures here. I took so many at the zoo and if you are my friend on Facebook you can see the majority of them there. I’m just going to stick to my favorite pictures here, but there are a lot. It was such a gorgeous day, a little on the warm side, but the sun was shining and the fall colors were glorious! We actually ended up buying a membership to this nice zoo, since one outing for our family is about the same price as a yearly membership! I’m so excited to be able to take the kids back.

014

This is a leafy dragon water horse…or something like that. I thought it was so beautiful!

037

On the tram.

042

Grizzly bear habitat, from the Tram.

047

Momma and Bubble Gum.

066

075

076

This sea otter played with her for a good long time. He showed her his oyster shell and swirled around in front of her doing all kinds tricks, it was so cool!

083

This was a neat thing, the log is actually sticking out into the animal habitat, see the fancy monkey sleeping on top of the log?

106

Shuttle service back to the truck!

116

I think I took over a hundred pictures, so this really is a small sampling. Hope you all are enjoying your fall too!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Minnesota at its best! What a fun day you had. I looked at your facebook photos - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good zoo with lots to see! I'm glad you were able to do the yearly passes so everyone can go back--and I love it when places offer those for the same rate as admission! I think my favorite pic on this post is the last one, the "shuttle" back to the van!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Mom gave us a membership there one year when the girls were all younger and they just loved it!! It's been a long time since we've been there again. I should look into it. Thanks for the reminder and I absolutely LOVE the shuttle ride back! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful Day! Love the picture of you..you are just glowing in pink! Had a good chuckle at the "shuttle ride" back...teee-heeee!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!