Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu & Traditions

meal_organizer_new

Being the “planner” that I am, I started jotting down what I want to make for our Thanksgiving Celebration. That way, as I see things on sale and through out the month I can start purchasing them, instead of all at once in one HUGE shopping trip. I think I’ve pretty much gotten the whole menu on paper, here it is:

Appetizers

This is basically what we eat instead of breakfast or lunch.

~Deviled Eggs

~Cheese, Crackers & Summer Sausage

~Pumpkin & Cranberry Bread

~Nuts (in their shells)

~Punch (?) I’ve never done this before and I haven’t totally decided, but I have this cute punch bowl that I’ve never used and thought it might be fun for the kids.

Dinner

~Turkey

~Stuffing (Don’t be impressed, Banana Taffy makes this from a box! I don’t like stuffing, but it’s his FAVE!)

~Gravy

~Mashed Potatoes

~Butternut Squash

~Pumpkin Rolls

~Green Beans

~Cranberry Sauce

~Sparkling Cider, Cherry 7-up, Sparkling Grape Juice

Dessert

My favorite!

~Cream Puffs (buying them from Costco)

~Pumpkin Pie (also buying from Costco-I’m NOT ashamed!) Smile

~Pumpkin Cheesecake (I will make this.)

~Frog Legs a la Chocolate Taffy-because I NEED chocolate on Thanksgiving!

One of our family traditions on Thanksgiving is to get a new game. I found a game for the kids and I have it tucked away until then. Thanksgiving is one of the only days during the year that I will purposefully play games with my children. I’m too antsy and too competitive normally! lol

Another favorite tradition is to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade. Though in years past it’s gotten a little annoying with all the commercials and humanist nonsense, still the festiveness of it makes me happy. I’ve been watching it since I was a child!

What are some of your favorite things to eat and do on Thanksgiving? Traditions and Holiday’s are such an enriching part of family life! God loves feasts and celebrations of thanks—they are all through the Old Testament.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God!"

1 Corinthians 10:31

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

1 comment:

  1. I recently found a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake and you use gingersnaps for the crust, doesn't that sound yummy? Love, Aunt Claudia.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!