Wednesday, December 1, 2010

All around me…

I’m totally exhausted!  Yesterday was a really long day, it was a sad day and it was a day well-lived, but today, yesterday is taking a toll on me!  And even though all I can think about is crawling back into bed with my flannel sheets, I managed to get a full day’s worth of school done with the children!  By God’s grace alone let me tell you! 

005

001

002

One of the things I worked on yesterday was decorating for Christmas.  I wasn’t totally in the mood to decorate, but I was in the mood to get all those totes out of the family room!

006

Our tree is tiny this year…we decided to keep it out of the sunroom with it’s vaulted ceiling and hot wood stove.  We’ve traded a smaller tree for a dry tree, our tree basically melted in a week last year!

010

011

I pretty much leave all the white twinkly lights on the whole day…they make me happy!

008

I didn’t make this pretty arrangement.  My boys bought it for me one year after I was their “secretary” for their puppy selling business.  I’m going to hang the Merry Christmas sign outside once the front porch isn’t covered with snow.

012

I made this bell quilt from a Debbie Mumm quilt book years ago, I like how it looks on the star wallpaper.

We had some sad things happen yesterday too, not to us personally but to our good friends and we are grieving with them.  I am so thankful we serve a God that can be trusted no matter what!

I could go on and on but since everybody is in quiet time I think I will take this moment to rest on the couch in the aforementioned sunroom—warm and toasty!

joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your decorations and home. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job pushing through today. I always feel best when I just get it done no matter how much I don't want to.

    Your house looks very pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just amazing you know that? You never cease to amaze me by your diligence with all you do for your family. Love it! I admire it! Love all the decor.

    Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!