Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blue-Raspberry turns 8

We’ve entered the throws of birthday season here…it starts right before Thanksgiving and continues until Mother’s day, we get a bit of a break in January, but we have 2 birthday’s in February so that makes up for it.

Today was Blue-Raspberry’s birthday.  Boy was he excited!

Yesterday we made his ice cream cake together.

Solomon's Birthday 012                   Solomon's Birthday 013

Solomon's Birthday 014                   Solomon's Birthday 016

Then today, we started out the morning at the MN Zoo.

Solomon's Birthday 018

Every time I looked at him he was smiling from ear to ear!

Solomon's Birthday 028

Then tonight we had our family party.  Here’s his gifts, I had this set up when he got up from quiet time.  Solomon's Birthday 036

For dinner he wanted Salmon Patty Sandwiches, French Fries and Fruit Salad.  We had ice cream cake for dessert.

002                     004

Then presents! 

018

Lots of legos!  Because he’s VERY lego-crazy right now!

I have so many thoughts I want to share about Blue-Raspberry and the amazing story behind how he came to be…I’m just too exhausted to do it tonight, but I will soon.  It’s been burning on my heart to share, so share I must!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Blue Raspberry! It looks like he had a great birthday :)
    My Rebeccah turned 3 yesterday and I feel the same about writing a post about her - I want to, but it just hasn't happened yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so happy! Thank you for sharing all those moments! It is a beautiful story and I can't wait to hear you tell it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like he had a wonderful time! Happy Birthday Blue Raspberry!! We sure love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday big guy!! So glad that he still gets to enjoy his birthday regardless to how close it is to christmas you know. You kinda, sorta have to seperate the two so they don't all blend into just Christmas. Kole's 5th birthday is next week and I want to make a big deal about it even though we just feel so partied out with just having celebrated Christmas.

    Hoping you all have a great new years!

    Chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Happy Birthday Blue Raspberry! Eight is So fun! Can't wait to hear the amazing story of how you came to be!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!