Saturday, December 11, 2010

Polar Bowlers

We are in the midst of an actual blizzard here.

008

The picture doesn’t show it well, but the wind is blowing really hard and snow is blowing EVERYWHERE!

007

This is the same view through the glass storm door.  There’s snow stuck to EVERYTHING!

009

This is our front sidewalk and the corner of our driveway…through the dining room window.  They’ve already shoveled the driveway twice this morning! 

Strawberry Taffy was supposed to have a Christmas Tea Party today, but had to cancel because of the snow.  Mr. Taffy was supposed to have a men’s breakfast this morning that was also cancelled.  And Chocolate and Banana had a bowling tournament today…IT WASN’T CANCELLED!  huh?  I had Banana Taffy call twice to make sure!  Well, it should have been in my opinion but since they didn’t cancel and our boys have some money put into the tournament we braved the elements and drove 12 miles to it.  (Took a little more than 30 minutes to get there—not too bad really.)  Let me just say that my husband is a CHAMPION extreme weather driver!  I am not kidding!  He’s driven us over many an extreme mountain passes with me hyperventilating in the front seat and never sliding a bit!  He’s so good driving in this kind of situation!

001

This bowling alley was a bit more rustic than the one we are used too…low ceilings, outdated computer programs, men with mullets…

005

I wasn’t allowed to use my flash, so the pictures are little dark.  They did great though!  The place was pretty deserted, if more kids don’t show up to bowl my boys will probably win by forfeit!

006

004

Banana Taffy was a little distracted by the height of the monitors, he was worried about bonking his head!

011

Thankfully we made it home in one piece though at times we couldn’t see 10 feet in front of our Suburban!  Now we are toasty warm and looking forward to an evening of snuggling  and watching movies!  Dinner is in the crock pot so I really will be able to relax! 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe their game wasn't cancelled! My class this morning wasn't cancelled until the very last minute. I don't get it. This storm was no big surprise...we all knew it was coming. Very poor planning on thier part. I hope the boys did well in their tournament anyhow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what beautiful fun! The most snow I have ever experienced was 12 inches. It was deep (in my book) but not a blizzard. I would love to experience a blizzard one day. That is, if I don't have to drive anywhere in it. Bravo to your hubby for getting you guys out and back home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day. I'm glad you made it home safely. Enjoy your blizzard for me. We don't get snow like that here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!