Sunday, December 5, 2010

Weekend Ramblings

I’ve been neglecting my blog, but not because I haven’t had anything to blog about.  I’ll start off with sharing about a visit with my dad.  He’s so sweet to play game after game after game with his grandchildren.  He also brought them each a new pair of jammies.

005                       006

008

001

~We decorated our tree this weekend and brought dinner to a hurting family. 

~We enjoyed a snow storm and our cozy woodstove. 

~I’ve been through some emotional turmoil caused by circumstances out of my control and frankly I’ve given up.  Not given up on life, but given up hoping that this particular situation is ever going to get better.  I might blog about it…I might not…I’m just leaving it in God’s hands since I’m powerless to do anything about it anyway.

~I’ve been embroidering tea towels with coffee cup designs to use as gift wrap for the female friends in my life.  I am having so much fun with this little project, sorry I don’t have any pictures, but you might be one to receive such a towel and I don’t want to ruin the surprise!  I have to wear reading glasses when I hand sew now…the correction on my contacts is so great that I can’t focus up close.  Oh brother!  Smile

~A day doesn’t go by that I don’t wonder if my sewing machine is almost ready!  I have so many sewing projects in my mind to do!

~I’ve wrapped almost all our Christmas gifts.  My closet was getting too full so I decided to hide things in plain view, all wrapped up of course!  I got my younger three gifts at garage sales over the summer, I’ve been storing them for MONTHS!  And even though they only have 2 each, it sure looks like a ton of gifts!

007

I found this cool “wall-sticker” at Wal-Mart for $1.00.  It’s on the wall in our dining room.

I’ll be announcing the winner of the Pick and Draw giveaway tomorrow!  I’ve already notified the winner by email though. 

I hope you all are having a wonderful time of Advent!  Despite the emotional roller coasters and sadness that have come recently, I’m still so joy-filled, so full of peace, so thankful.

Another week on the Taffy Pull proves to make me more pliable in the Master’s hands, more sweet (hopefully) and more thankful!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Love the new photos of the Taffys!

    Always makes me smile!

    Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hope is the same as yours...that I become more pliable, sweet and thankful. Way to go on the early Christmas shopping! I am still finishing up but am almost done. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful grandpa! I hope that you find peace in your emotional turmoil. Best wishes Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that wall sticker. I was just at our Walmart and didn't see any of those. Wish I would have seen one. I will be praying for you over the difficult situation in your life. Enjoyed your pictures and reading about your recent happenings.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!