Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Recap Carnival

I saw this on another blog I read and I thought I would like to participate.  It’s amazing going back and seeing how life has changed over the past year.  The beginning of 2010 was so hard…praise the Lord we are through that trying time! 

The idea of the carnival is to take the first sentence or two of the first post of each month.  I skipped it if it was a review or another carnival type thing.  Click on the month if you want to read the whole post or to see the pictures!

2010-New-Years-Carnival

January-Saturday I got a notice in the mail saying the school district didn't get our first quarter report cards. hmmm...I actually did send them in. In Minnesota, if you don't have a college degree, you have to send in quarterly report cards to the school district.

February-I know, I know...my last blog post is missing. Sorry about that. The tax thing didn't work out like we thought, so in my attempt to make myself feel better, I just deleted it. Pooh!

March-My first born turns 15 today! We actually celebrated yesterday. Such a strange thing...having a 15 year old.

April-Big title right? Big day for sure! I don't have too many pictures to share because the day went faster than I could keep up with, but I'll try to write well enough for you to get a visual picture!

May-I spent the day getting ready for our garage sale. It's been fun in that we are getting the garage clean at the same time, ohh the "fluff" that was in there.

June-We had such a nice day yesterday! The weather was perfect, the food delicious and the children all got along great!  (This post is primarily pictures-enjoy!)

July-It wasn’t that great of a garage sale day for me. I think most people in my suburb are going out of town for the 3 day weekend! Lots of boats and campers in the driveways…(This post makes me hungry for Garage Sales!)

August-Do you give your children haircuts?  I started cutting my family’s hair as soon as their hair was long enough to cut!

September-This is our tradition.  Every year since I’ve been very young, we’ve been going to the State Fair at the end of the summer.

October-We started out the week with a visit to the MN Children’s Museum.  I don’t have any pictures of our outing because I wanted to be “hands-free.”  Laffy Taffy’s favorite part was driving the “magic school bus” which is what he calls every bus!

November-This morning was my level 2 ultra sound.  Baby looks good!  Actually baby looks GREAT!  And baby totally is a GIRL!

December-I’m totally exhausted!  Yesterday was a really long day, it was a sad day and it was a day well-lived, but today, yesterday is taking a toll on me!  And even though all I can think about is crawling back into bed with my flannel sheets, I managed to get a full day’s worth of school done with the children!  By God’s grace alone let me tell you!

Can’t wait to see what 2011 brings!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What a great idea. Did it take you long to put this post together? Knowing you....it didn't! We all have so much to be thankful for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! I am going to have to participate in this as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!