Thursday, January 20, 2011

2011-2012 Homeschool Proposal

If you’ve followed my blog for at least a year, or taken a look at my Taffy Academy page, you know that once a year I write up a homeschool proposal to present to my husband—before he does the taxes! I’m happy to announce that I’ve finished the latest Taffy Academy Proposal. This year it went together faster than it EVER has. I guess that’s one benefit to having been homeschooling for a while, I know what I like and more importantly, what I DON’T like.

This is modified version of the one I presented to my husband. The one I gave him included price lists and extra information like, “I already have this—don’t have to purchase.” The overall average came out to be about $200 per child, which is pretty consistent with what it’s been in the past. One thing did make this proposal slightly more expensive than the ones in the past is that I included a wish list of furniture and supplies that I would love to be able to get from IKEA. We’ve moved around so much and my main bookcases are leaning…time to replace them. Not to mention that amazing thing I want to set up in the kid’s playroom—Dreamy! It will probably depend how much we get back as to whether or not he’ll approve of that stuff. Remember last year we didn’t get anything back because we made -($300+)! Thank God this year is different!

Enough rambling…here’s the proposal!

2011-2012 Taffy Academy Proposal

image

image

Banana Taffy- 11th Grade

Math-Geometry (Teaching Textbooks)

History-US & World History (Beautiful Feet Books)

Language Art-Advanced Spelling and Vocabulary-Complete Course

Science- Exploring Creation w/Chemistry (Apologia)

Chemistry Glassware Set

Bible- Life of Christ, Balancing the Sword

Foreign Language- Spanish (Tell me more)

Chocolate Taffy-10th Grade

Math-Geometry (Teaching Textbooks)

History- US & World History (Beautiful Feet Books)

Language Arts-Advanced Spelling and Vocabulary-Complete Course

Science-Exploring Creation w/Chemistry (Apologia)

Chemistry Glassware Set

Bible-Life of Christ, Balancing the Sword

Foreign Language- Spanish (Tell me more)

image image

Strawberry Taffy- 9th Grade

Math-Algebra 1 (Teaching Textbooks) Book Only

History-US & World History (Beautiful Feet Books)

Language Arts-Advanced Spelling and Vocabulary-Complete Course

Science-Physical Science (Apologia)

Bible-Life of Christ, Balancing the Sword

Foreign Language- Spanish (Tell me more)

image image

Blue-Raspberry Taffy-3rd Grade

Math-Teaching Textbooks 3

History- Early American History (Beautiful Feet)

Language Arts- Easy Grammar 3/4

A Reason for Writing Book C (Timberdoodle)

AVKO Spelling 1

Science-Astronomy (Apologia)

Astronomy Notebooking Journal

Bible-Bible Nurture Readers, Balancing the Sword

image image

Bubble Gum Taffy-1st Grade

Math-Developmental Math

History-Early American History (Beautiful Feet)

Language Arts- A Reason for Writing Book A

Draw Write Now

AVKO Spelling 1

Bible-Bible Nurture Grade 1, Balancing the Sword

That about sums it up! I’ve still got it in the back of my mind to do some research on PSEO for Banana Taffy and I’m hoping our homeschool convention in April covers some of that!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. That is exciting! I miss those days of choosing the books, receiving them in the mail, first day of class! Now, W always reads his textbooks ahead of class, and goes into class well prepared. I think that is a direct result of homeschooling, and he can't wait to see what's coming up! mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to plan out your curriculum purchases in time for the tax refund! I've read so many blogs where the planning happens during the summer but I imagine families budgets are leaner then. Right now I'm just doing Tot School and we've just added a little to my monthly amount (that I use for groceries, gifts, Christmas, and now homeschool), so far I've been putting a little bit of money aside to save for larger purchases but spending most of it every month on books and craft supplies.

    I'm hoping our tax refund (fingers crossed we get one!!!) will be enough to pay for our water damage remodel. Water not leaking in to the living room would be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your proposal sounds great! I remember reading about it last year and doing one for my husband too. He liked it and felt like it kept him involved more in the whole process. I am just in the initial phase of planning for next school year. I have some changes coming as our oldest starts 9th grade.

    I like your kitchen business too, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jacquelin! When you finish it, if you have a blog and want to share, leave the link here! I would LOVE to see it!

    Kate-water damage! ugh! I'm so sorry! Yes, I to hope you get a big enough tax return to fix that! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!