Monday, January 24, 2011

Baby Bulge

Since I’m almost done with this pregnancy and since I’m still fitting in my clothes relatively well, I thought I’d give you a chance to see me and my bulge.  I think I’m too big to call it a “bump!”  lol

006

003

At the beginning of February I have an ultra sound to check on baby’s growth because of the 2 vessel cord issue.  I’m so excited to see her!  Soon I’ll be ordering the newborn insert for my ergo—they didn’t have that available when Laffy Taffy was a baby.  So excited!  I have so many things I want to talk to  my midwife about, she let me have a 6 week break in between appointments and the questions are just piling up in my mind.

1.  Do I have to have an IV of Pitocin after the birth (this is what people keep telling me.)

2.  Will she allow my placenta to expel naturally or is it her practice to tug at it?  (When Laffy Taffy was born I felt it took a while for it to come out, at least 20 minutes…but once it did it all came out together with no problem)

3.  What if she’s not available to  do the delivery, are the practices of the other midwives similar to hers?

4.  What’s the soonest I can leave the hospital?  (I really can’t rest in hospitals…too many sounds and smells, too cold and dry, too boring, bed too uncomfortable, bad coffee, etc.)

Those are the main ones.  I’m sure discussing those will lead to other questions.  My midwife is a wonderful, no-nonsense lady that I am convinced will take superb care of me and my baby.  I just don’t want to be surprised by something that I’m not expecting, which might not be realistic but I can try!

So excited to hold my little baby and so excited to be able to walk normally!  ha!

joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

15 comments:

  1. You look great! A new baby is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful, my dear! I can't believe how quickly time is passing. I haven't even started a quilt yet! I do have an idea but I better get at it! That picture is motivation!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! That is so exciting! Babies are such an amazing blessing and miracle!
    I'll be praying for you as you prepare for your new baby!
    Christ be with you. :)
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look Beautiful!! Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures when she arrives. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! I hope the next few weeks go by quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! Yes, bad coffee-get home as soon as you can...I suppose that a mini coffee pot could be part of your "hospital bag" - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great...I had all 3 of my kids with a midwife and couldn't imagine it any other way!! Loved it...best wishes..so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suggest you enlist a "guest blogger" -or two-when you have your baby! (Strawberry Taffy?) to keep us all updated! One photo, a little comment, it would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing!

    I would love for you to post if you get an answer about the pitocin after birth. I have always heard that too.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everybody! Today I'm tired...sigh...wish I had just a bit more energy!

    Kerri-I will! If I can remember! lol I'm sure I'll have ultrasound pictures to share so that will hopefully help me to remember to tell you about the Pitocin. I HATE IV's! YUCK! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great!!
    We'll be praying for you.
    Look forward to seeing newborn pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look wonderful and beautiful and happy and healthy! Lots of love, Aunt Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You looks beautiful!!! Praying for a safe delivery and last weeks of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh you look so beautiful. I haven't been on here very much lately...sooorrryyy. So was thinking of you this morning. I actually think of you alot since Tsavah has Tirzah on mind always. So you are on my mind most days... :). Anyway, I wanted to come by and see what's going on.

    I Love these pictures. You look marvelous my dear...MARVELOUS!! You ar glowing with JOY!

    Chris xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!