Saturday, January 29, 2011

Easter is just around the corner…

You think I’m crazy bringing this up right?  I should be thinking about Valentine’s Day and St. Patrick’s Day (according to Strawberry Taffy).  I’m just so excited to share this with you and I can’t wait a second longer!

image

Have you seen this?  I shared it Facebook a while back when it was on sale at Library and Educational Services.  This book is very similar to the Advent stories written by the same author.  So wonderful!

We’ve started it already because my baby is due the end of March and one of the options for reading this book is one chapter a day, five days a week, 5 weeks before Easter.  That put us starting about the middle of March and I just wasn’t sure I could commit to reading it during that time.  So I started it already!  There’s no rule about waiting until Easter to read the Easter story!  FREEDOM!

We’ve been reading it for 2 full weeks now, and while I haven’t finished the book , I can tell you that what I’ve read so far is captivating the hearts of ALL OF MY CHILDREN!  Young and old!  I am such a softy…I love Jesus so much…any talk of mercy, grace or forgiveness leaves my unable to read.  My throat gets tight…I hate that feeling!  But I love it too, because it’s showing my children a side of me that they don’t normally get to see. 

For those of you who have read the advent stories let me tell you that this ones ties in nicely with keeping the same characters but they are grown up now and the main character of the book is their child.  I don’t want to give too much away…

A new addition to this book is a website that has maps of Jerusalem during that time period and other wonderful teaching tools.  You’ll have to get the book to access that though.  Smile

If you’re looking for a way to bring some depth to Easter this year, this book would do it!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy 

Disclaimer-Not sure I have to do this, but since I do so many other reviews I thought I should mention that I bought this book with my own money, but was not petitioned for my opinion!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know about this great book! I am planning on doing one of the Christmas books later this year. This will be a great one to read to the kids right before Easter. Please don't hesitate to let us know about ANY great books you come across, as many of us are looking for more great family reads! Praying God's continual blessings on your family (and sweet baby!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I have been wondering about this book.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!