Saturday, January 22, 2011

Granola

I’ve been promising a Granola recipe for a few days now, and since I just made it yesterday I have pictures fresh from my camera!

Here’s what you need:

0126 cups of quick or old-fashioned oat

1 cup wheat germ

1 tsp. cinnamon or more if you like

1/2 cup honey

4 tbsp. olive oil

Spray and 9x13 pan with Pam or the like and then put all of the ingredients in there.  I  like to squirt on some pure maple syrup as well.  You can add coconut if your family likes that too.

003

Stir it up really well and bake it at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes or so.  Store in an air-tight container.

006

You can get creative and add anything you want to it once it’s done-raisins, nuts, cranberries, dried blueberries, etc.  We don’t usually just eat a bowl of granola, my kids like to sprinkle it on their frosted mini-wheat's or cheerios.  This doesn’t last long around my house and smells GREAT while it’s baking!

Enjoy!

Mrs. Taffy

P.S.  Since publishing this initially I made another batch and this time I used Extra Virgin Coconut Oil instead of Olive Oil.  My coconut oil has a slight coconut flavor so I thought it would be a tasty substitution.  I was correct!  Delicious!  I used the same amount, just melted it first.013

7 comments:

  1. That sounds easy and tasty. Most granola recipes require a major shopping trip first!
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I copied & pasted it into my recipe file so I won't forget it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I've been looking for a good "base" recipe that I could add too. This sounds perfect! The girls like to eat it with yogurt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I haven't made granola in a long time. I should make a batch for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the "kitchen business" status on the side.

    Hey how's it goin....I've been busy keeping house and enjoying my family. Donnie's job is going good. I am doing so much better now days. God is keeping my heart filled with his love, joy, peace and much hope lately. Thank god.

    Thinking of you all. Tsavah had a great time chatting with Strawberry the other day. :) Her name comes up at least once a day if not more. We would someday love to see you all. :)

    Looks like the due time for baby Taffy is getting closer and closer. That is awesome. Can't wait to see her. How exciting for all of you. yay!!

    Oh and looks like you have been busy "already"... planning for the next school year...wow...oh and I can't believe Strawberry is going into 9th grade!! I'm really impressed. What a bright girl!

    Sending a big (((hug))) from FL to all of you!!

    chris xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make a similar granola with dates and raisins! I do love mine just as a cereal with milk, though it's good as a topping for yogurt too. My mom would make it when I was little, and I finally asked her for her recipe a couple years ago. Something had reminded me of eating it and I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I love your new blog design too, very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!