Friday, January 7, 2011

Marvelous Meat Balls

1 pound ground venison (or hamburger)

1 pound ground turkey (I usually use more than a pound because that’s how I get it at Costco) or turkey sausage.

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. pepper

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1/2 cup parmesan cheese

3 eggs

2 Tbsp. parsley flakes

3 slices of bread, soaked in water or crunched up crackers

Squeeze water out of bread slices and mix ingredients all together, mix well.  A kitchen-aide does an excellent job!

Form meat into balls, like this:

meatballs 002

Take a good amount of meat and shape into a nice even rectangle on wax paper or a cutting board.

meatballs 003

Then use a knife or pastry cutter to evenly cut little squares, a little over an inch square.

meatballs 001

Roll into little balls.  Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, checking for doneness.  I like to set my hot meatballs on paper towels to get off the extra fat. 

Repeat until you’ve gone through all your meat.  This makes a nice big batch of meatballs.  For our family size I get enough for dinner and enough to freeze for another dinner! 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this recipe. I have tried several of your other recipes and liked them. thanks again for what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! Thanks for sharing! I just printed it out for my recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so amazing...even your meatballs are perfectly organized...I love this about you! You are such a delight to "follow"...love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!