Saturday, January 15, 2011

Pizza

I’ve been making our own pizza for years now. And even though my sons work at one of the yummiest pizza places in town, and even though I can get that pizza at a pretty good discount, we still enjoy this homemade pizza the best.

002

Pizza Crust-

2 cups warm water

2 Tbsp. or 2 packets dry yeast

2 Tbsp. sweetener of your choice: Raw Sugar, Honey, Pure Maple Syrup, White Sugar

2 tsp. Salt

4 Tbsp. Olive Oil

Seasoning of choice-We like fresh cut up rosemary and garlic in our crust. You can just skip this part too.

6 cups of flour-experiment to find the blend that your family likes best. We like 3-4 cups wheat with the rest being white.

Directions:

~Mix water, yeast and sugar in a mixing bowl, allow to rest while yeast dissolves and gets bubbly.

~Add salt, oil, seasonings, mix.

~Add about half the flour and mix well. I’m using my kitchen aide here…once that flour is mixed well, change the mixing element to the dough hook and start adding the rest of the flour. Be careful not to add too much flour. You want the dough to pull away from the sides of the mixing bowl, but you don’t want it too stiff either. Once you have mixed in enough flour, allow dough hook to knead dough for about 6 minutes.

~Once dough is done kneading, divide in half. Spray your pizza pan with Pam or something and roll out half the dough.

~Then have some fun loading up your pizza. Just don’t load it too full or the dough won’t bake well. The picture up above is just cheese pizza. I get the pizza sauce at Trader Joe’s and then just add Mozzarella cheese, about half my family devours cheese pizza. Our other favorite way is like this:

006

Barbeque Chicken Pizza!!

Just use your favorite bbq sauce as the base, then add left over chicken and cheese. Delicious! I’ve also make Pesto Pizza where the Pesto is the sauce, that is great with chicken also!

~Bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes or until you get it the color you want! This recipe is easily doubled and you can back the crusts ahead of time and freeze them if you want too.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your recipe. Our crust always turns out a little too thin for my liking. I think next time I'll give yours a try and see what the girls think. Your pizzas look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you shared this. I used to have a pizza crust recipe that we loved and I somehow lost it. I've been searching for another one that we would love and this looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for another great recipe that I've printed out for my recipe book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We make our own pizza too! It's our usual on Tuesday nights. I make a mushroom pizza with a couple slices of just cheese for H3. There are a few decent pizza places around, but we prefer to make our own. Cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!