Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tot School~Week 18

Laffy Taffy is 38 months old.

Tot-School

The weather was much milder this week, so Laffy Taffy got time outside in the sun almost everyday!  Don’t get wrong, it’s still freezing and he has to wear WAY too much gear to go out there, but it still lends to a nice feeling of accomplishment when I do get him out there to play.  Makes me happy knowing he’s getting some fresh air and Vitamin D.

Inside the house we worked on these fun Do-A-Dot worksheets from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

006 (2)

002 (3)

003 (4)

We are working through the letters of his name.  When he gets through them all I’ll hang them up in the playroom for him to see every time he’s down there.

002 (2)

He played with his Magneatos almost EVERY day this week!

011 (2)

He was so pleased with himself when he made this J.  Albeit backwards, but I was pretty surprised that he did it and then announced to me that he made a /J/.  (We talk more about the sounds the letters make then the names of the letters.)

003

A counting bears race!  He would role the dice for each of the different color bears and then move them the appropriate spaces.  Yellow won!

004 (2)

Here I would show him the flash card with the letter (all from his name) and he would locate it on the alphabet.  He loved this!

007

Patterns with Counting Bears.  This was a little difficult for him initially, which surprised me.  After we worked on it for a while I was able to make the patterns a little more difficult and include other quantities and colors of bears.

009        008

After carefully putting all these number tiles together, he laid them out in order and then I quizzed him and asked him to find the _______.  He did great!

011           012

006 (4)

For this feel and find game, I laid out all the tiles on the table and then put the blocks in the bag.  As he stuck his hand in the bag to find a shape, I would ask him to tell me what shape he found BEFORE he revealed the shape.  He was correct about 60% of the time.  The geometric shapes like squares and stars were the easiest.  The trees and wheeled things were the hardest.

007 (4)

Some other random things he enjoyed…

004 (3)

005 (2)         003 (3)

007 (3)

010 (4)

That wraps another great week!

To see what other Tots are up to, visit 1+1+1=1.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. What a darling boy! I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have such great activities for your little one & his smile is contagious!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful week! I am going to need to look into the counting bears! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great activities! I want some of those counting bears but the only place I can find them is amazon and they are soooo expensive!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!