Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Banana Taffy Turns 16

It still seems so weird to say that…I have a 16 year old.  I was 17 when I met Mr. Taffy!  Life just keeps moving forward doesn’t it?  We had a pretty low-key day, like always.  Banana opened presents at breakfast time.  We had homeschool bowling league later in the day and the highlight?

003                    005

Oh yeah…dinner!

  004

This child LOVES to eat!  He was born ready to eat!  When he was a baby, if I didn’t feed him EXACTLY 3 hours after his last meal he would SCREAM HIS HEAD OFF!  It was crazy and predictable and I didn’t let it happen very often!  He’s much more mellow about food now, but he still appreciates a good meal.  For his birthday dinner we had:  Roast with gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, potato rolls and steamed peas.  For his cake he really, really had his heart set on a cake from Costco.  So that’s what he got!

006

007                      008

He was a good sport, though he didn’t really enjoy being sang too!  We all liked it!  We had a lot of fun talking after dinner too.  Such a sweet time this is, he’s a young man, but he’s still our son, becoming more of a friend everyday.  He’s so great to be around, such a blessing to me, so helpful and hard-working.  I am completely thankful for this person that I call son.

Happy Birthday Banana Taffy!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    It is wonderful to see them growing into young men and enjoying the way the relationship changes! Bittersweet, but it helps to still have littles around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love boys - one minute impossibly goofy and the next impossibly handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it took me a few days, but our whole family thinks the world of Banana Taffy! He is a delight to be around and we are so glad that he is in our life! What a treasure of a man he is....happy late birthday to you from all of us!!!!!!! We all appreciate you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!