Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gray Matter~Book Review

978-1-4143-3975-7

As part of the Tyndale Blog Network I recently had the opportunity to read a really fascinating book.  I don’t have a lot of free time to read, but this book was well worth my time!  Dr. David Levy is a brain surgeon, while he started out his career without much of a relationship with God, over time that relationship changed.  As Dr. Levy started pursuing God, God started pursuing him!  This is a true story about how Dr. Levy decided to obey God, despite his own fears and started praying for patients.  But not only does God lead him to pray for his patients, he also leads him to teach his patients about forgiveness and the powerful healing that lies therein.

This really was an interesting read, even for someone who has no interest in brain surgery!  I loved reading about  Dr. Levy’s transformation from a success hungry man, to a man who completed relied on God even when he didn’t understand what God was doing.  I loved Dr. Levy’s boldness as well, even when he was afraid, he proceeded and God blessed his efforts.  And even more than that I loved how Dr. Levy was sensitive to his patients and if they weren’t comfortable with prayer or counsel, he didn’t push them or make them feel guilty.  His life is such a great example of one who is walking with the Lord in his career and does not let his career keep him from walking with the Lord.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclosure:  As part of the Tyndale Blog Network, I was given a copy of this book for free, in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds facinating! I think I'll look for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds interesting! Nice review - made me want to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!