Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Publication2

It’s that time of the year again, the time of the year when I start to get an insatiable urge to clean my house, really clean my house.  Not just maintain, but to get ahead and make it sparkle!  We’ve had the house closed up all winter, the spiders have been busy decorating my ceiling, and the woodstove has been leaving it’s lovely deposits on every available surface.

Since I’m just waiting around for baby anyway, I decided to make a list of all the things I want to do in honor of spring cleaning.  There will be some time between when spring starts and when I can actually get outside and plant our garden, so I’m going to use those weeks to tackle my list.  I’ve tried not to make it too extensive, keeping in mind I will have a newborn to take care of as well. 

  • Wash Bed Spreads/Quilts & hang outside to dry
  • Wash and Iron Curtains: Dining room, bathroom, girl’s room, master bedroom and sunroom.
  • Wash Windows
  • Vacuum window screens
  • Clean out attic-This will mostly be Mr. Taffy and the Big Boys, I’ll just be there to advise.
  • Wash couch cushion covers- sun room and family room.
  • Vacuum ceilings-I’ll probably need help with this too because of our vaults.
  • Vacuum under couches

This is the extent of my list so far.  I have another list of outside project that my husband and I are compiling together, but we can’t do those until things are really dry outside and the freeze factor goes away. 

It’s a very significant thing that we are approaching the beginning of our third consecutive year of living in this house.  We bought this house over 6 years ago, lived here for a little over 1 year, moved away for a few years, tried to sell it and couldn’t, then moved back.  It’s hard to believe we’ve been back for two whole years already, and I am so thankful to NOT be moving again!  I’m glad my house is dirty enough to need a good cleaning.  I’m thankful that our outside projects will be a continuation of last year and not a batch of new projects because we moved.  I don’t know what the future holds, but for now I’m completely content to stay right here!

I’m hoping to document the completion of some of these projects throughout spring to keep you inspired!

What areas of your house do you tackle in the spring? 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

5 comments:

  1. I tackle the clothing storage as we switch clothing from winter to summer wear. I also like to declutter - why do I have a whole family of packrats? Sigh. They did not get it from me....that's their daddy's side coming through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We "try" to do everything on your list and we also clean out our cabinets in preparation for Passover and Unleavened Bread.
    We are praying for you and baby and can't wait to see photos!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-Oh, sounds like a "baby about to come cleaning surge" starting to develop!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I think I'll make a list too. Windows windows windows! This morning I've been going through my old books to donate those I thought I'd read but I haven't gotten around to in years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lists! And yes please update as things are checked off, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about being grateful to be in the same place. It's been nice to be in the same place for the last two years and to plan to stay here.

    It must feel strange seeing the garden again after the snow melt. Kinda like when you rearrange a room and everything looks different.

    Whoa, look at your baby. Only 11 days to go!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!