As part of the Old Schoolhouse Crew I was given the opportunity to review a lovely creation science curriculum called Considering God’s Creation.
This is a multi-grade life science curriculum, geared toward children between the 2nd and 7th grades. Considering God’s Creation covers:
Written by homeschoolers for homeschoolers with a “desire to introduce our own children to the Creator through His creation.”
Here are some highlights about the curriculum that I love:
- Teach one lesson per week for a whole school year-36 Lessons Total-this science won’t bog you down or create dread when you think about teaching it.
- Entirely God-Centered
- Copying within a family is okay and encouraged!
- Teacher’s guide includes ways to integrate multiple ages of children.
- Small list of basic supplies-Crayons, scissors, glue, etc.
- Can be used in conjunction with other science curriculums. Did you know that this is the science book recommended to be used with Galloping the Globe?
- Teacher’s Manual includes teaching instructions including what to specifically say to teach the subject.
- Teacher’s Manual also clearly list the basic supplies you need before the lesson begins, so mom friendly!
Here is a sample of what the workbook pages look like.
Here’s an example of the what the Teacher’s Manual looks like.
Another great component of this science curriculum is the price! Only $29.95 for both the workbook/notebook and the teacher’s manual—free music CD included! Extra workbooks (if you don’t want to hassle with copying, are only $13.95.
I can not wait to use this science with Blue-Raspberry and Bubble Gum come fall!
To see what other crew members thought visit the crew blog.
Disclaimer-As a member of the Old Schoolhouse Crew, I was given Considering God’s Creation to review in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not paid.