Friday, May 27, 2011

Garage Sale Treasures Week 5

…and used-curriculum sale.

Garage Sale Treasure Button

I started out my treasure hunting on Wednesday at a used-curriculum sale.  It was really fun because it was a nice day and there was a playground right outside.  Strawberry and Chocolate watched Blue-Raspberry, Bubble Gum and Laffy Taffy while I carried Salt-Water in the pouch and Banana carried my bags.  It worked out pretty well.

002

I think you call tell what each of the those books are except maybe the last one, it’s A Reason for Writing-transition book from printing to cursive.  Prices from left to right:

$4.00~2@.25~$3.00~$2.00~$3.00~$2.00

003

.50~$3.00~.75~.50

004

.50~$1.00~$1.50~.50~$2.00~.50

005

This is an older version of Hot Dots.  I totally had this on my wish list on Amazon!  $5.00 for everything.  Sweet!

006

All these paints for $2.00.

007

This box of painting cups for $3.00.

008

A Bible cover for Blue-Raspberry~.50.

Okay, that does it for the used-curriculum sale.  I am really happy with what I found.

I wasn’t sure how many sales I would find on Thursday with it being Memorial weekend and all, but I actually found some good ones.

016                  017

A gorgeous antique rocking chair.  The gentleman already stripped it so it’s ready for painting.  It’s actually really comfortable, Salt-Water and I had a very pleasant nursing session in it this afternoon.  I’m going to paint it black to match the furniture in our bedroom.  $20.00

The toys came from various garage sales.  I am pretty happy about the blow-up penguin, I’ve been trying to find one for a while now.  ($1.00)  The penguin and the Melissa and Doug pull along frog (1.00) are going to be stuck away for Christmas for Salt Water.  The stacking blocks are also Melissa and Doug and were $1.00.  I found two “crunchy books” for .25 each, some lacing beads of the small variety (.25) and the baby mirror for .50.

018

This lady was basically giving away her stampin’up stuff.  Two of those ink pads are still wrapped up, they were .25 each and the NEW stamp sets were $1.50.  I might save them for gifts too.

019

A bunch of misc. stuff:  4th of July art-.50, little star and heart-.10 each.  Advent breast milk cups-2.00, I’m going to use them for baby food eventually, I don’t pump.  Smile  Two super heavy wall hooks-.50 each.  Two Mam pacifier clips-.25 each and an antique ice cream scoop-$1.00.

020

Most of these clothes were .25 each and they are all name brands.  The Land’s End shoes were $2.00 and the gap sweater $1.00.

024

A lamp has been on my list…this one was $4.00 with the shade.

And finally, my favorite purchase…

022

A Regalo portable high-chair.  $3.00  This is going to be great at the park and lake this summer! 

Did you find any great treasures this week?  I would love to hear about them!  If you’ve never linked up with me before please read this post first!

Happy treasure finding!

Mrs. Taffy

8 comments:

  1. So jealous of your Regalo chair purchase! I bought one off Amazon a few weeks ago and love it, but I paid almost $20 for mine! Great purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, so jealous of your used curriculum finds!!! Great going! You are doing such a great job at scoring some wonderful deals at these sales!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing finds. Can I just send you some money so you can garage sale for me, lol! I need to get braver and try it out some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't believe how much great stuff you found! Way to shop! Especially the rocking chair! Beautiful! Keep it forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great week! Your book-It's Disgusting and We Ate It looks very neat, I'll be on the look out for it. LOVE the Regalo chair-GREAT find!!! I like the Melissa and Doug froggie, too-I'm sure he will make a great Christmas gift! Great find on the stamps, and the rocker is beautiful!! Hope you have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And, thank you for mentioning the Google Chrome on your mom's blog-I couldnt leave any comments and it was making me mad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful finds this week! You cannot beat all of those paints for $2.00! Plus the no spill cups....bonus. :) I have been contemplating buying hot dots for a while. They look really cool. So many good books too. Have a great Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the garage sale tip! I was just thinking about a free box. I was also wanting to keep things priced at quarter intervals. This is my very first one on my own....so I'm pretty excited. I will let you all know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!