Friday, May 13, 2011

Garage Sale Treasures~Week 3

Garage Sale Treasure Button

This week the town that I lived in as a teenager is having city wide garage sales.  I have to explain something, when I was a teenager about 20,000 people lived there, about 60,000 live there now.  It has become the suburb to live in and there is/was a lot of money there.  In years past I was able to go to these garage sales and come home with an amazing booty.  In the last couple of years, the economy has been reflected in the goods found at these garage sales.  This year was no exception, still it was really fun and this is where I was living when I met my husband, so there’s lots of memories in this town for me.

Here’s some of the stuff I found:

001

Pretty much all your going to see it clothes…but that’s fine with me, clothes are essential!  I’m so glad my kids don’t mind wearing clothes from garage sales.  This pile here is stuff for Strawberry Taffy.  Sweaters and T. shirts anywhere from .50-2.00 each. 

002               005

Outfit #1- $5.00                           Outfit #2- $3.00

006

Outfit #3- $2.00

Oh to be young and thin…

007

Clothes for Blue-Raspberry.  The shorts were .50 each, the polos and hoody $1.00 each and the jacket was $3.00.

003

Blue-Raspberry bought this cool Lego tool box for $3.50. 

008

Clothes for Bubble Gum.  She’s growing so fast!  Did you know that children do the most growing in the spring time?  There’s too much here to name, but I found lots of “bloomers” and cute tops and sweaters.  My best find was this next picture…

009

A Columbia Jacket-$10.00.  She’ll wear this and I’ll save it for Salt Water Taffy too.

010

Lots of books too.  The Tin-Tin comics and the Mike Mulligan book were .25 each!  What deal!  Makes up for the fact that the Bible’s were $2.00—they are new though.

012

Laffy Taffy’s tiny little pile.  He doesn’t really need any clothes, he’s inherited all of Blue-Raspberry’s stuff, but I couldn’t resist the Curious George jammies and the Hanna Anderson Sweater.  They were each $3.00.  And let me just say, I think $3.00 is a great price for a Hanna sweater, but not a pair of pajamas.  I only bought them for the delight that they would bring Laffy Taffy.

Some other things I found that I don’t have pictures of:  A magnetic board from IKEA for $2.00.  Great for Tot School!  A Bike helmet for Laffy Taffy-$1.00.  Some clothes for me!  .50 for each piece and I got 4 pieces!  Sweet!

Usually I come back with tons of toys and too, but there really wasn’t much that I could afford this year.  Some people and their prices…makes me roll my eyes and say, “I can’t afford this garage sale!”  hehe!

Did you find any treasures this week?  Want to link up?  Please read this post before entering your link!  I can’t wait to see what you found!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

6 comments:

  1. Too fun! What cute outfits for Strawberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute outfits for Strawberry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you did find some great stuff this week!! I love Strawberry's skirt outfit-great deal! And 2.00 is a good price for the Princess Devo. Bible-Mustang has the same one and loves it. Great find on the Hanna sweater-I buy any Hanna I find. The Curious George jammies are too cute. I agree, not 3.00 cute, but maybe worth the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfits for Strawberry! :) Love the print on the skirt! I love the pj's too. It is hard for me to pass up a nice set of pj's....especially if we need them (or if I haven't gotten much for that specific kiddo that day). We have the Little Girls Bible and we love it! I found a Little Boys this weekend and thought I bought it....turns out I must have sat it back down! I was totally bummed. :( Oh well, hopefully I'll be able to find another one sometime this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I found your meme on accident when someone linking to you was under the "explore" option of blogger today. I have been literally looking for WEEKS for a meme that posts about thrift store/garage sale finds (I called it Fabulous Finds Friday). Can't wait to join along this Friday!

    So, is it okay to post thrift store finds too?

    Hope you'll stop by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Leann! Yes! Thrift Stores are perfect! I frequent them myself! Can't wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!