Monday, May 2, 2011

Salt-Water Taffy Update

016

We’ve passed the three week mark, unbelievable!  She’s almost a month old already!  We had her three week check up today (it was a little over 3 weeks, but that’s just how it worked out).  I’m happy to report that she already weighs a whopping 10.2 pounds!  I’m sure she’s grown at least an inch as well, but that wasn’t checked.

She’s been a little fussy in the evenings…she’s eats so fast she gives herself a tummy ache!  I don’t know how to get her to slow down, I figure she just has to outgrow that. 

I’ve switched to cloth diapers too.  I was waiting until she filled out a little so the plastic pants fit her correctly.  I love using cloth diapers!  I have always used cloth during some point of my children’s diaper years, but I didn’t  really commit to completely cloth diapering until Laffy Taffy was a baby.  Then I discovered that I really could cloth diaper full-time, even when traveling and running around.  One of the great things about cloth diapers is that they actually absorb breast milk poop.  Whenever she has on a disposable and does a poop, it always goes up her back, but not with the cloth!  I just use chinese prefolds with a snappi and bummis diaper cover

I want to share my favorite product for diaper rash though, as it’s not well known, but works terrific!

image

Have you heard of Bag Balm?  It was originally made for cows, and the treatment of udder ailments, but it also works terrific for diaper rash and it lasts forever!  The first can I bought was over 16 years ago for Banana Taffy, I just threw that can away last week when I ordered a new one from Amazon. I didn’t see an expiration date on the can, but 16 years seems like it should probably be expired.  I used to be able to find it at Wal-Mart, but not anymore. 

017

It’s so great…and exhausting, to have a baby in the house again!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how adorable. She is looking just great! Is she almost out of the newborn sizes? Hmmm, I think I'll get some bag balm for your sister-in-law! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Miss Taffy for growing so well for you Mama!

    I've never used bag balm for diaper rash although I've used it for other things. It's been awhile since I've had any in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good friend introduced me to bag balm and I will forever be grateful to her! I make sure to buy a tin for every new mom I know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!