Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Suzy’s Back!

Suzy Homemaker that is…I always forget about the adjustment period after a baby is born.  Well, I do actually remember but when they are first born it is actually easy to continue on with regular household stuff, then around 4 weeks when they start to wake up and start preferring momma over everyone else, then it gets difficult to get anything done.  I feel like Marshmallow Taffy (like her new name?  She’s soft, squishy and smells good, just like a marshmallow.) turned a corner this week.  She’s been less fussy, sleeping longer and in her own bed during the day.  I’ve actually been able to get some things done and it feels GREAT!

021 Iced Coffee…Pioneer Woman Style!  This is still in it’s first phase, but I should be sipping a cold one tomorrow morning!  Can’t wait!

023

Granola!  A double batch even!

026

I even managed to pack up an entire box of chicken breasts from Sam’s Club!  Most of them I just froze as breasts, but I did cook up a few for pizza!

022

I’ve also been doing laundry like a crazy woman.  Last week my dryer stopped heating and my good husband spent his entire evening trying to fix it, to no avail.  Then on Saturday he took it in and they were able to fix it $20.00.  What?  We thought we were going to have to buy a new dryer. What a blessing!  Honestly it wouldn’t have been so bad since I love to hang clothes outside to dry, but the weather has been so crummy I couldn’t even do that.  Laundry for 9 people piles up so quickly, especially with one bed wetter and one in cloth diapers. 

Strawberry had taken over laundry duty at the end of my pregnancy and up until this week when I’ve been able to get my butt up and down the stairs fast enough to do the switching and folding myself.  She still helps me get it started in the morning and when a cycle ends if I’m in the middle of nursing or something.  It’s been so great to get all this stuff washed and more importantly, dried!

I’ve been ridiculed before for this “Suzy” life I’ve chosen, but I don’t really care, because nothing satisfies me more than seeing lovely jars of homemade granola in the pantry and clean, folded clothes in drawers and closets.  It’s a good life, this Suzy Life.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

11 comments:

  1. I am so glad that Suzy is back! :) I love the lifestyle too and I love your posts, because they inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring! Love the new "Marshmallow" name! One of my favorite flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI "Suzy",

    I had to respond to this post today. It made me smile to hear you share all the changes that marshmallow taffy is going through and in sequence your own changes. It brings fond and not-so-fond memories back to me from our little babies first months. But your last statment about being "Suzy" just blessed me so much.
    I, for one, enjoy every "drop" of this Suzy-ness that you report on! I aspire to be more "Suzy" everyday and when I start to look at the world and feel sorry for myself that I don't have what the world says I should have or look like the world says I should look or attain to this world's high personal, public career/goal achievements, I drop my head in thankful prayer that He has given me all in my Jesus and through that great treasure has lead me on the path of real life and added to my life my precious family and then as a bonus I get to be mentored by ladies like you who are walking with my Lord in such beauty,grace and diligence that I am full to bursting with joy and personal satisfaction! (Forgive the sentences that are running on, and on, lol!) Well, all that to say you are more than Taffy to me :) Thanks for sharing your life on the Taffy Pull :)
    Your friend,
    Kelly Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.

    Our 7 yr old girls' nickname (given because her bottom row of teeth came in and resembled a neat little row of marshmallows)is "Marshmallow". :)

    Kelly Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love the Suzy life. It is a blessing to live it. Thanks for being real about the new baby phase. I needed the reminder as number 4 is due in 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Baby, Marshmallow...even granola, ice coffee...I want to come over to your house!! Excited to be on the crew with you again:) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! I feel the need to make granola :)

    following from the crew www.homeschoolblogger.com/ohiosarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the homemade stuff. Such an inspiration.

    Following you from the crew.

    familystyleschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the comment about the Suzy Life too! I remember working outside the home in a place where I was told I was reaching leaders and making a big impact, and all the while any thought of staying at home was ridiculed and diminished as a lesser calling of sorts. Well, after being at home for over a year now, I can't really imagine a higher calling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the new name for your sweetie! So glad to hear that Suzy's back! I just love your recipes and inspiration in the high calling of motherhood and home making. I look forward to hearing about how you like your new iced coffee recipe! Sounds good!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!