Friday, July 15, 2011

Garage Sale Treasures~Week 12

Garage Sale Treasure Button

This week was a total wash out!  Wednesday was the most gorgeous day of the summer so far and then some weather front rolled in and with it brought rain and a headache that woke me out of a deep sleep and is still hanging on two days later.  Annoying!

We went out anyway, because I checked Craig’s List and there were still plenty of sales.  We didn’t stay out too long because of the weather and because after the first four sales that were loaded with over-priced junk, I was getting a little discouraged.  Right at the end we found a really fun sale and that’s where I did most of my treasure buying.

002

First up, some fun stuff.  Melissa and Doug puzzles, they were both $1.00.  The ABC puzzle had all it’s pieces when I bought it, but when we got home it was missing a piece.  UGH…it might be in the truck but I don’t think so.  The Twister came was $1.00 and so was the Busy Bugs Discovery Toys game.  The little kaleidoscope was a quarter and will be a stocking stuff and so will the Automoblox car.  Fun!

003

The Little Leap Pap was $3.00 and the 2 additional games were .50 each.  I’m sticking these away for either Laffy’s Birthday or Christmas.

005

A lovely red Old Navy coat for Bubble Gum.  She had a brown version of this that she wore last year.  Definitely a favorite!  $3.00

006

More clothes for Bubble Gum.  Dress and tank tops were .50 each and the GAP hoodie was $1.00.

004

DVD’s-$2.00 each

007

This is my favorite find, though I found it at a thrift store not a garage sale.  I only paid $1.99 for it! What a deal!  I’ve always wanted to read this book and I’m going to make it my goal before we start school next month! 

How’d your garage saling go this week?  Did you find some great treasures?  I would love to hear about it, so would other die-hard garage salers from around the country.  If you’ve never linked up with us before, please read this postfirst!  Happy hunting!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty good discount day after all. I get those headaches when the weather changes too. Your book looks fascinating. I have never seen that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the stinky sales, but I really like what you bought, very fun stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For not being out long I think that you found quite a few great things! That price on the Little Leap Pad is the best I've ever seen!

    I LOVE Little Woman. One of my all time favorites.

    Great find on the busy bugs too. Hopefully that missing letter will show up sometime soon! :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Busy Bugs, and the coat for Bubble Gum!! We have the same puzzle, missing letter L, and we bought it new so I know they are all here somewhere, ug. Sorry you had to go to so many sales to find your treasures, but I think you did well when you got to the good sale. Hope you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!