Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Gardening Goodness

010

I keep trying to think of interesting titles for my garden updates, but they are just that, garden updates.  I hope they aren’t too boring.  I enjoy garden posts, especially ones with lots of pictures.

010

Many, many cucumber flowers!  Can’t wait for garden fresh cucumbers!

011

“Renegade Potato” Flowers  (mixed in with the squash)

012

Raspberry buds…please Lord, give us a bumper crop!

013

Tomato Flowers, in my salsa garden.

016

Cilantro.  I added chopped cilantro to chopped tomatoes from my hanging cherry tomato plant and put them on top of my enchiladas.  I’m the only one who would eat it, but I thought it was delicious!  Did you know that Haiti smells like Cilantro?

017

A few green beans and lot of cherry tomatoes.  I haven’t gotten enough beans for a meal yet, but I might chop them up and put them in a breakfast quiche. 

009

A couple new additions to our herb garden:  Yarrow.  We had this last year, it’s supposed to be zone 3 hardy, but ours didn’t come back.  We are changing locations, now they are in the nice dirt.  We got two different varieties, one is yellow and one is pink.  They were half price for $2.50.

007

Everything is really starting to grow back there, now that the weather has warmed up and the sun is showing itself more regularly.

How does your garden grow?   I’m linking up with Briana at I can’t decide.  Visit her blog to take a stroll through some other gardens around the country.

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Your garden is looking wonderful! I love reading garden posts too - especially with photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your soil looks awesome! I love all the flowers on the veggies. Good job on the yarrow bargain!

    Our compassion child is in Haiti so I liked learning about the cilantro scent. Now it will remind me of him!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!