Thursday, July 7, 2011

Painting dressers

Every once in a while I wake up with the gumption to do something a little ambitious.  Okay, that actually happens almost every day, but today I actually made good on my ambitions and completed a couple projects that have been YEARS over due!

Project #1-Repaint the girls dresser.

002

This dresser belonged to Banana and Chocolate taffy originally.  I painted it for their room years and years ago.  The girls have been using it and it just doesn’t really go in their girly bedroom.

001

Lots of helpers, as usual!

005

007

I gave the boys some foam brushes and buckets of water, kept them busy most of the day!

008

Marshmallow was there too…decorating the deck with her cuteness.

013

The finished result:

016

Much better!  We just used paint that we had around the house.  The knobs are different colors that Strawberry liked, they look dark in this picture, but they are all pretty bright and cheerful.  Now, painting the dresser led to an avalanche of other projects, like cleaning out under the bed and rearranging…The dresser didn’t stay here.  Also, we hung those polka dot curtains that we got at IKEA months ago.

022

There room is so small.  It’s pretty well organized though and they do a good job keeping it neat and tidy.

024

Project #2-Paint the little boy’s dresser.

I bought their dresser at either Goodwill or a garage sale or my mom gave it to me…honestly I can’t remember.  It was just beat up and ugly.  Needed a coat of paint, that’s all.

018

Vacuuming out the spider webs.

021

There it is, all cleaned up and nice.  I was just going to repaint the whole thing white but then found some left over paint from the boy’s bedroom.   I like how it turned out.

It was a perfect day, weather-wise, because it wasn’t muggy and there was a slight breeze.  Everything dried really quickly.

I didn’t spend a penny on this project, just some sweat and time, that’s all it cost.  The little girls and the little boys are feeling especially loved with their “new” dressers.

“She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.”  Proverbs 31:27

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

4 comments:

  1. I think I recognize the girls' dresser - maybe one we used and repainted many times too...I love the colorful knobs! What a sweet room. You make me want to go out and paint something to make it new again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little dresser was one I used to have, your mom got it from me to give you. Can't believe you still have it! I like the way it looks with the drawers painted a different color. Love the girls' dresser. Aunt Claudia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Love those bookcases in the girls' room. We used three cheap IKEA ones for our pantry area and now I really want to put some on both sides of our bed, in place of bedside tables. They hold so much and look great!

    Also, I have 3 girls under 3 and we plan on having more. I have found your blog to be VERY inspiring, especially in the sense that my life won't be complete craziness with more. That I WILL manage to get things done around the house. Not sure if I will be brave enough to paint a dresser, but we will see! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Looks great and makes me want to get busy on a project too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!