Every once in a while I wake up with the gumption to do something a little ambitious. Okay, that actually happens almost every day, but today I actually made good on my ambitions and completed a couple projects that have been YEARS over due!
Project #1-Repaint the girls dresser.
This dresser belonged to Banana and Chocolate taffy originally. I painted it for their room years and years ago. The girls have been using it and it just doesn’t really go in their girly bedroom.
Lots of helpers, as usual!
I gave the boys some foam brushes and buckets of water, kept them busy most of the day!
Marshmallow was there too…decorating the deck with her cuteness.
The finished result:
Much better! We just used paint that we had around the house. The knobs are different colors that Strawberry liked, they look dark in this picture, but they are all pretty bright and cheerful. Now, painting the dresser led to an avalanche of other projects, like cleaning out under the bed and rearranging…The dresser didn’t stay here. Also, we hung those polka dot curtains that we got at IKEA months ago.
There room is so small. It’s pretty well organized though and they do a good job keeping it neat and tidy.
Project #2-Paint the little boy’s dresser.
I bought their dresser at either Goodwill or a garage sale or my mom gave it to me…honestly I can’t remember. It was just beat up and ugly. Needed a coat of paint, that’s all.
Vacuuming out the spider webs.
There it is, all cleaned up and nice. I was just going to repaint the whole thing white but then found some left over paint from the boy’s bedroom. I like how it turned out.
It was a perfect day, weather-wise, because it wasn’t muggy and there was a slight breeze. Everything dried really quickly.
I didn’t spend a penny on this project, just some sweat and time, that’s all it cost. The little girls and the little boys are feeling especially loved with their “new” dressers.
“She watches over the ways of her household, And does not eat the bread of idleness.” Proverbs 31:27