Saturday, July 23, 2011

Robert Pierre “I’m all in” Review

rp-facebook

I’m picky about music, especially “Christian” music.   I want the music I listen to, to have depth, to be specific, purposed.  When I was asked to review Robert Pierre’s soon to be released “I’m all in” CD I was hoping it would meet my standards.  I’m happy to report that this album definitely did!  Some Christian music is filled with such ambiguousness that if it was played on a secular station you would think they are singing about their girlfriend or boyfriend.  Not with Robert’s CD, he definitely, clearly and obviously is singing to and about our God!

I also love it that Robert wrote the songs on this CD about his senior year in high school.  Having two teenage sons it really helped me appreciate where he was coming from and also gave me some insights as to what my teens could be thinking about. 

“All of the songs have something to do with things I was going through my senior year,” Robert said of I’m All In, “preparing to say goodbye to friends and not really knowing what would come next, but finding comfort and peace in the Lord’s plan for my life. The Bible talks about how the eyes of the Lord are searching to and fro throughout the earth, searching for someone whose heart is wholly His, someone He can strongly support. This CD is me saying, ‘I’m all in.’”

I’m All In will be released on July 26.  You can go to Amazon and get your own copy or you can enter to win one from me!  To see if it’s something you might enjoy listening too, visit Robert’s website for samples of his songs and the complete lyrics. 

rp_logo

I’m going to make this  an easy give-away too, summer time is too busy to be messing with complicated entries!  Just be a follower or subscriber of my blog, tell me so in the comments and leave an email address so I can contact you!  Easy enough?  I’ll be drawing the winner on Monday the 25th, around bedtime, say 10ish.  You’re going to love it!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

Disclosure-I was given this CD to review in exchange for my honest opinion.  All views expressed are my own, I was not paid.

4 comments:

  1. I subscribe to your blog and just LOVE it! Thank you so much for the time and the heart you put into your site, for His glory!
    schroepfer 7 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blogs posts! Maybe one day I'll get my rear in gear & go garage sale shopping as well as you do. With only 3 kiddos, I still can't seem to manage, but they are all under 4 years of age. Anyway, I love music & would love to win some contemporary Christian music. Blessings, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for over a year now! I LOVE when you post recipes. I have made your cheeseburger rolls, granola bars and farmer's casserole for my family of four! I also appreciate when I have emailed you with a question and you were always willing to share. :)

    jbmaples02@frontiernet.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that, music you often hear on a christian radio you hear a singer singing about his or her boy/girl friend. I have never heard of him before. (or I have without realizing) I enjoy reading of what you guys are up too. :D

    doglover.zoe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!