Saturday, July 30, 2011

Staycation Part 2

Day 5

Wednesday.  The day started out pretty lazy.  We thought the shed building was going to be post-poned until Thursday because of the weather.  Imagine my surprise when somebody knocked on the door at 7:15 am!  I was still in my staycation choice of apparel-PAJAMAS!  So, needless to say, the shed got built this day!

001

003

005

023

We’ll be painting the shed later this week if the weather cooperates.  Things don’t dry quickly when it’s this humid out.  We are going to make it look like a barn, red with white trim.  I have a black star to hang above the door and we will eventually get a cupola with a rooster on top!  Cute!

After the shed was done we had planned to grill chicken patties and then go to Wal-mart to buy school supplies.  Instead, we got a call from somebody we had lost contact with.  Oh the joy our hearts felt at the sound of her voice!  Our instant reaction was, “Come over for dinner!”  So that’s what she did and she stayed with us until 10:00pm, it was the best thing that’s happened so far on this staycation!  I just love it when God restores a relationship!  True friendships are so rare and so precious. 

Day 6

Thursday.  Garage Sale Day!  Hurray!  Mr. Taffy took me garage saling!  I love it when he comes with, though we end up coming home with some strange things, it’s still great fun!

 018

We also took Strawberry and Marshmallow.  The others stayed home and enjoyed the A/C.  Today’s weather is my LEAST favorite.  The sky was white all day, it was muggy and hot and loaded with mosquitos.  It feels like walking around inside somebody’s mouth.  Nasty!  After garage sales we went to Walmart to get the school supplies and to Chipotle for lunch-YUM!  Burrito bowl anyone?

024                025

Sadly, the rest of the day was consumed with some drama that I’m not at liberty to share.  Let me just say that I’m going to bed thankful that everybody is tucked in safe and sound.  I might have to do a blog post about the spiritual authority of a parent over a child.  It’s a powerful and awesome thing!

We will end this day, filled of some joy and some sadness, with a movie and some ice-cream.  That should fix things nicely.  I wonder what tomorrow will hold?

Day 7

Friday.  Nothing real exciting happened here, our staycation is winding down.  Mr. Taffy got the glass replaced in the windshield of his truck, he caulked the shed, we went on a nice bike ride, we found a whole bunch of HUGE cucumbers in our garden. 

026

I spent most of the day working on gearing up for homeschool.  I decided to make daily plans for Bubble Gum and Blue-Raspberry, I haven’t done this before, so it was a lot more work than normal.  I’m feeling pretty good about everything and just need to get a couple more things before school starts.  School starts for us on the 9th of August.

Mr. Taffy’s Grandma from Arizona will be arriving tomorrow for a visit.  We are so excited to see her!  In the morning be converting our 5th bedroom from an office into a guest room!

Feels like our little staycation is pretty much over.  It’s sure been fun!  Now that Mr. Taffy has a job with paid vacation time, maybe we’ll go somewhere next time, somewhere exotic like…Arizona!  Thanks for following along!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

3 comments:

  1. Ewwww.....walking around in someone's mouth. That is the perfect description for humid days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you finally got your shed. I can imagine it will be organized and efficient inside. Buying school supplies - one of my favorite things to do, and I still have to look at everything. A great time to buy office supplies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shed! I can't wait to see it all done. It sounds like it's going to be super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!