Friday, August 5, 2011

Family Movie Night~Review

imageOne our favorite things to do as a family is snuggle up in the family room, popcorn and licorice in hand and watch a movie together in the comfort of our own home.  It doesn’t matter if the baby cries or if the 3 year old needs to go potty, it’s always a fun time.  With the age spans of my children and the non-morals of the movie industry, this activity is becoming more and more scare.  Thanks to Wal-Mart and Proctor and Gamble, we can look forward to another snugglepopcornlicoricemovienight!  Introducing the newest family night movie:  Who is Simon Miller?

Who is Simon Miller? is a family adventure movie!  Filled with mystery and suspense and a family that grows closer through finding out that the father is a spy.  Now this movie does have some conflict because the whole family is very hurt by the fact their father/husband has been lying to them for years, but in the end, through forgiveness, they become even more unified and committed to each other.  I would definitely recommend this movie!

From the peanut gallery-

Banana Taffy (16)- “It was good, moved too fast though, needed a little more time to build the suspense.” 

Chocolate Taffy (15)-“Cool!  Just the genius son was a little unbelievable, how’d he crack the governments website so quickly?  I liked it though!”

Strawberry Taffy (13)- “I liked it, it was cool!  My favorite part was the market scene.  It’s really exciting!”

Blue-Raspberry (8)-“ AWESOME!  I wanna be a spy when I grow up!”

Bubble Gum Taffy (6)- “I liked it but I didn’t like the part where the mom got taken, that was scary!”  (Mom here…she was visibly upset by this scene, it would be my only word of caution for watching it.  It didn’t give her nightmares or anything, just too realistic for her 6 year old imagination.)

In my opinion this is the best Family Night Movie to date in terms of plot, content, believability and acting.  So if you’re looking for a snugglepopcornlicoricemovienight tune in tomorrow, at 7pm cst on NBC! 

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!