Monday, September 5, 2011

Turning something ordinary into…

something extraordinary!  It’s possible you know, and it does wonders for making children feel like something cool is happening, even though at it’s base, it’s just work.

025

We had the amazing opportunity to drive to Wisconsin and collect some firewood.  I guess in July a huge windstorm blew through this area and knocked down many, many trees.  This loving family had their fallen trees all sliced up and stacked next to the side of the road.

006

Ours for the taking if we didn’t mind driving 2 hours to fetch it.  So Mr. Taffy rented a u-haul and off we went!

001

The best way that I know of to make something ordinary become something extraordinary is by getting out my camera!  Just look what happens:

002

005

Picking wild flowers for the ladies back at home!

020006

009

Hiding from the mosquitos!

013

022

This picture is for my mom…she likes pictures of interesting fungi.  This was growing in a tree stump.

027

028

They were unloading their second load at 9:30pm!  We’ll still need more before winter, this will get us about half-way through the LONG Minnesota winter, we will need to go back and fetch the rest before long and believe me when I say I will have my camera in tow making the ordinary work an extraordinary memory!

“And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.”  Colossians 3:17

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. I agree - Whenever I take my camera along, it makes the trip more exciting - I look for the special little details I want to remember forever. Love the fungus! I showed Phil and he though you had been baking! ha. We are finally getting summer here - 75 today and that will be the coolest day this week. I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free wood that you didn't have to chop. Yes, the camera seems to make things so much more than they are.
    Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!