Sunday, October 9, 2011

A little more Mom-time!

I already shared with you what we did on Thursday, now for the best day-Friday!  We started out the day at the Apple Orchard.  I had never been there before, I was just hoping to find a treat!

grandma's photos 515

So pretty out!

grandma's photos 516

grandma's photos 518006

We found some good treats, enjoyed looking at the lake and stopped at a garage sale on our way home!  That was fun to take my mom to a garage sale!  This wasn’t the best part of the day though, the best part of the day was in the evening…The Barn Dance!

grandma's photos 542

That’s me, pushing the stroller in the red skirt.  The evening started with a big shared meal.  I brought pasta salad and deviled eggs, Strawberry made 6 dozen chocolate chip cookies too.  Mr. Taffy drove to the dance after work.  It was SO windy out, the wind just added to the allure and ambiance of the evening.

grandma's photos 554

All our lovely daughters!  Even Mr. Taffy danced!

grandma's photos 561

There we are getting ready to do some strangely named dance, I can’t for the life of me remember what it was called, but it was a riot!

grandma's photos 562

See the blur?  That’s me!  So fun!  After 2 dances I was pretty much done…this out of shape mommy-body didn’t really appreciate all the jostling around…I was starting to leak in different places…if you get my drift.  lol

grandma's photos 557

I was so proud of my children.  Strawberry danced every dance!  Bubble Gum and Laffy Taffy danced probably all but two!  Blue-Raspberry danced about half of them and even my big boys joined in.  I had to “make” Chocolate Taffy, I wanted him to have the experience, but Banana not only danced with this little sisters, but also his Momma! 

I’m so glad we got to go and I hope it works out to go again next year!  Thanks to my mom for taking all the pictures, otherwise I would have no proof of the evening!  What a joy!

Joyfully,

Mrs. Taffy

2 comments:

  1. How fun! I love marshmallow's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOHHH that looks like a blast!!!! I miss thing fun things like this to do!!
    HAHAHAA,,,yep, I hear ya about the mommy body leaking :)) The joys of motherhood! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)
    GOD BLESS♥
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!