Today was our weigh-in. My husband called me back to his office fairly early in the day, BEFORE, he ate breakfast. Funny and a little unfair…I had already eaten. lol
I’m happy to report I’m down another 3 1/2 pounds! Yay! I was discouraged earlier this week because I was SO hungry, pretty much ALL the time. My aunt, who knows a lot about food and gets paid to tell people what to eat, gave me some helpful advice and I’ve been using some of her ideas. The main one being that since I’ve got type O blood, to try and incorporate eating in a way that benefits my blood type. Which basically means no gluten, corn and limiting eggs, lots of protein. Being as I’m the only one in my house with type O it’s proving to be a little challenging, doable but challenging. Thankfully oatmeal is on the neutral list, I eat a lot of oatmeal.
Some thoughts for this week~
- I really like having my clothes fit better.
- It’s getting easier to “run” on the treadmill, but the treadmill got returned because of a manufacturer defect, we haven’t been able to find a suitable replacement.
- I don’t really like to eat salad, unless it has some chips crunched up in it. We discovered some good root vegetable chips, they are made with sweet potatoes from different countries and they taste amazing on a salad.
- A burrito bowl from Chipotle will keep me full for half a day! Oh how I love a burrito bowl!
- If I put a scoop of Starbuck’s hot-chocolate in my morning coffee it has less calories than cream and sugar and tastes just as good!
Some goals and rewards~
I’ve decided to make some goals for myself. It’s hard for me to think beyond food though, you know, food as a reward. Here’s some short-term goals I’ve come up with, they may change over time.
- Get below 200 by Thanksgiving~Reward: Pedicure with my best friend (Mr. Taffy) lol He’s got to love the foot massage part, I just want to have pretty toe-nails.
- Have my actual weight and my driver’s license agree with each other (180)~Reward: I’m thinking I’m going to get myself a pair of Keen’s here. I’ve been wanting a pair but haven’t wanted to spend the money, this would be a good excuse.
I might need a goal between the first one and the second one, 20 pounds seems like it might take awhile, maybe not. He’s already dropped below 300 and I told him he has to stop telling people he weighs over 300 pounds, if he says it again he’s going to have to give a hundred dollar bill to do with as I please…got to change some how! lol
Do you have any suggestions as rewards that aren’t food related? The rewards can include the whole family since that would motivate them to help me stay on the straight and narrow also!
I think that wraps up this edition of my weight-loss journal. It’s only been two weeks and I have an incredibly long “weigh” to go, but if I keep things in perspective and take each day as it comes, I will be happier in the end and even if I don’t lose any weight, at least I won’t be gaining any, hopefully!
Thanks for keeping me company on this journey! Your kind thoughts and encouraging words have meant more than you can know!